89 jeep wrangler - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 89 jeep wrangler

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREE

Unread 07-22-2011, 08:28 PM   #1
89jeepwrang

89 jeep wrangler

Hey i gotta 89 wrangler and i wanna get a atleast a 6 inch lift...whats the easiest and cheapest way to do that?

89jeepwrang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2011, 08:34 PM   #2
Hurley91

You can start by posting in the right section. You need to post this in YJ Tech, not General Discussion.
Unread 07-22-2011, 09:37 PM   #3
Collin89Sahara
1989 YJ Wrangler 

This is the tech section...
Collin89Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2011, 10:19 PM   #4
dabjeep
1989 YJ Wrangler 

hey collin, i have an 89 yj myself and the only way i think you could get 6 inches in a cheap way is to get new shackles and leafs, maybe a 4inch suspension lift and maybe a 2 ich body lift but thats pushing it for the body lift. I know a guy who has a big body lift and you can see right thru the side of his jeep. It looks kinda bad.
Unread 07-23-2011, 12:37 AM   #5
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Cheap isn't good.
Easy isn't that bad.

The more arched the leaves are the less flex you get. When you get that high into lifts you need to get a SYE and cv shaft which will cost a lot.

Realistically you want to start with what terrain you run and what size tires you want and go from there. But what I would say for the cheapest suspension components would be a 4" RC suspension lift, 1" booms and a 1" body.

Search around here and see what comes up.
Michaelgoesrawr is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.