The jeep made it back to my house at the beginning of this week. I didn't do much with it until this weekend though. I was mainly gathering parts for the wiring and figuring out my strategy.
Dad came over last night helped me finish plugging in all of the sensors. It's nice to have that part of the wiring done.
The only mistake I found in the harness so far was the driver's side O2 sensor plug location. Well, I'm not sure if it was a mistake or not, but they put it with the tranny plugs. That was WAY too far back for what I needed. My O2 sensors are right around the middle of the engine oil pan. So, we had de-loom a big part of the harness to pull that out of there. I thought about just splicing extra wire length in there, but decided that wasn't the right
way to do it. You can see those loose wires coming out of the Vortec cap.
Here's where I decided to put the TAC module:
Dad made a coat hanger template for the radiator hoses and picked out a couple from the local parts stores. He brought them over with the jeep and gave me the, "I hope they fit...good luck". Gee...thanks.
Tonight I was able to get them installed. They ended up working out just fine. I can't say I'm super excited about the upper radiator hose going over the top of the intake...mainly because it looks funny...but I'm sure it'll be fine.
The lower hose is great. Here's the view from the passenger side.
View from the driver side.
I think I might try to install the heater core and heater next. I still don't know why the previous owner yanked all of that out.