88 Wrangler.. 2.5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 88 Wrangler.. 2.5

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-30-2013, 08:28 AM   #1
88CapeWrangler

88 Wrangler.. 2.5

Hey guys been a long time since ive been on here.. but anyway i went and put a 2.5 (so they told me it was 2.5..) lift in my wrangler so everything went good except now my sway bar links don't reach, i had to make a bracket for the track bars to fit ( front and back) because they no longer reached and now my pinion angle is a bit too much and its vibrating pretty bad. what should i do ? order a transfer case drop kit or shim it ??

88CapeWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2013, 08:30 AM   #2
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Remove the Track Bars (seriously, research it around here), buy a set of quick disconnects for the swaybar, and go from there.

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2013, 08:32 AM   #3
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Transfer case drop: yes
Shims: yes
Track bar brackets: No. Just no.
Sway bar extensions: shouldn't have to
Unread 06-30-2013, 12:43 PM   #4
88CapeWrangler

ok, ill look into getting both... do i really need track bars anyway , or just get rid of them ?
88CapeWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2013, 12:56 PM   #5
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Adios them to your garage if you have inspections but don't run them on the jeep.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.