87 YJ Vacuum Routing. HELP!!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 87 YJ Vacuum Routing. HELP!!!!

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 07-11-2010, 07:34 PM   #1
Mcloves_09

87 YJ Vacuum Routing. HELP!!!!

Hey guys, i've been reading for about 3 hours now trying to figure out this mess of vacuum lines going on in my 87 yj with the 4.2.
I started off with rebuilding the carb, and labeled everything i took off. My only problem now is after reading (and doing) the nutter bypass, i found out my dizzy didn't actually have anything connected to it. and now i'm right confused... i dont have the stock vac routing diagram, i bought a hanes manual, and now i read that i can pull a lot of the hoses out. It's been a long sunday, and i need my jeep for work tomorrow.... any help would be much appreciated. I need to know where my stupid hoses go, and what i can rip off.
Thanks for your time,
Mike

Mcloves_09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2010, 09:06 PM   #2
Tompatt
1987 YJ Wrangler 

which carb do you have? the stock carter?
Tompatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2010, 09:09 PM   #3
Mcloves_09

yep, stock carter. half assed got the lines figured out, but now it is running retardedly rich. trying to hit the gas to go it bogs and really wants to stall. GAH! nothing but problems
Unread 07-12-2010, 07:59 AM   #4
Tompatt
1987 YJ Wrangler 

sorry man. i have no exp with the carter. wish i could help.
Tompatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2010, 10:24 AM   #5
Fernando
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Did you adjust your ignition timing after the nutter?

You need to provide the distributor with a source of manifold vacuum

Let us know if you adjusted the ignition timing, there must be a source of manifold vacuum on the Carter, I can't remember where it is since I got rid of it a long time ago, but I know it's there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepHammer
I don't mind writing for Fernando because he reads, and re-reads EVERY WORD!... Good to write for someone that actually READS the answer, and takes time to UNDERSTAND what comes back for an answer!
-------------------------------
Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2010, 08:45 PM   #6
Mcloves_09

I did indeed advance the timing. there is a capped off vacuum hose running indirectly to the intake manifold... by capped off i mean someone pushed it over the battery holder hahaha. i'll try that.

Tags
YJ , vacuum , routing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.