87' yj, stock rear diff or lsd? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 87' yj, stock rear diff or lsd?

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 06-22-2012, 03:32 AM   #1
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

87' yj, stock rear diff or lsd?

Hello, yesterday I heard some weird noise coming from the rear diff when moving very slow. I decided it was time for a drain and fill, especially since I went through apx. 4ft of water a few wks ago. I stuck my index finger in the fill hole, it was about an inch from the top, but it was also a bit foamy/bubbly (water iv read). Its the stock dana 35 in my 87' jeep wrangler sport. I picked up 80-90 gear oil and im going to add some lucas oil stabilizer. Anyway to tell if Its lsd or am I ok to use the fluid I have? Thank You

straightsixjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2012, 07:42 AM   #2
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Nope. Not LSD. Use some brake cleaner to really expel eny water that may have contaminated the area.
Unread 06-22-2012, 02:19 PM   #3
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
Nope. Not LSD. Use some brake cleaner to really expel eny water that may have contaminated the area.
That what I needed to know, Thanks a ton!
straightsixjeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jeep

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.