87 YJ SBC Swap - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 87 YJ SBC Swap

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-03-2012, 06:21 AM   #1
87BrownJeeper
1987 YJ Wrangler 

87 YJ SBC Swap

Hello all,

I'm in the process of swapping out my 4.2L AMC258 for a SBC350 w/TH350. I know there are plenty of threads on this conversion although if anyone could provide me with some pictures I would be very appreciative.

I'm still unsure on which direction to go with the rear end. I was told by a shop in Silverdale, WA that an XJ D44 would be the most beneficial and easiest swap. Any suggestions to this?

Currently I have bought these items:
Teraflex SYE Kit. P/N [4444401]
Tom Woods F/R Custom Drive Shafts
Rear shaft is gauged off of a XJ D44 I had test fitted.
Skyjacker YJ5LK 5th Link Traction Bar
Body Mounting Kit P/N [52002723K] (replacement/No LIFT)

Any further recommendations for parts required for this swap would be great.

Further more not sure about a Suspension lift 4" or an SOA kit. Any recommendations would be great. Additionally I know there are plenty of threads on this but if anyone has any input with a SBC350 installed I'd like to know how the off road handling and driveability is with the added torque and weight. I have a car transport for the jeep and it is not a daily driver if this provides any usable information. This jeep is just a Trail Rig.

Will provide pictures as soon as I get the Poision Spyder fenders, body mounts installed, and SBC350 engine mounts welded in place.

Thank you

Ryan

87BrownJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.