87 yj frying Solenoids?! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 87 yj frying Solenoids?!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBaseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiSpartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 11-15-2013, 02:42 PM   #1
lidlitalian
1987 YJ Wrangler 

87 yj frying Solenoids?!

87 yj 4.2 nuttered

Couldn't figure out why my jeep wasn't starting so I installed a new solenoid and It fired right up.

Next day in am before work, dead. Nothing. no crank. no aux, no electric fan. Only thing that comes on is the head lights. makes no sense.

Does anyone have a pic of the solenoid wires and where they go? maybe I hooked them up wrong and fried new one solenoid? is there a simple way to check if its dead?

thx in advance

lidlitalian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2013, 03:52 PM   #2
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

There are two solenoids for 87. One for auto trans and one for standard. I used a normal old ford solenoid when I started having trouble thoigh.

Also, make sure you have a good contact between the solenoid and the body. The bolts holding the solenoid to the firewall are the ground connections

"Just because something isn't a lie does not mean that it isn't deceptive. A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction". --I am not sure who said this but it properly describes our president.
superj is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.