87 YJ Auto transmission Problems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 87 YJ Auto transmission Problems

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 02-25-2013, 09:21 AM   #1
grimlock97
1976 CJ7 

87 YJ Auto transmission Problems

Okay, i've been searching for a couple of days on this issue and can't really find any information on my problem so i had to post. I have recently acquired an 87 YJ with a 4.2 and a 3 speed auto transmission, the biggest problem i'm having is i have to let off the gas in order for the transmission to shift from 2nd to third, it will not shift out of second unless i let off the throttle, has anyone ever experienced this? The other minor problem with it is it cranks great and runs on the first try, but if i shut it off it's hard to start back up, i'm thinking it's the diaphram in the fuel pump, but not a hundred percent sure, i can live with the cranking issue for now but need to get the tranny fixed, it has maybe 4"-6" lift shackles on it and clears 35x12.50 tires, but no body lift and no spring lift. Thanks for any help.

grimlock97 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.