'87 windshield - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > '87 windshield

The RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!Check out our NEW Steering Stuff!

Unread 03-04-2002, 04:22 PM   #1
Jeepguy3401

'87 windshield

Chrysler never intended for anyone to actuall fold down the windshield on the '87 YJ, did they? Can anyone tell me who the moron was who decided to put in torx bits instead of thumbscrews? Also you have to disconect the roll bar pipe that goes between the midlle roll bar and the windshield, (also conected with torx bolt ($5 to replace the dumb thing at the Jeep dealer). I stripped the torx bot out on the windshield retaining bracket the first time I tried to take it off. Then, I got one of those bits that you use to hollow out a bolt to make it collapse, it didn't work. So now I don't know how, but the bolt rattles around loosely in the hole but will not back out. Also I'm currently trying to replace the dash 4x6s (pioneer blue poly propylene 2 ways, really cool),I got all the bolts disconnected except the 1 windhield retaining bracket bolt, also you have to diconnect the roll bar from the windshield to fold the windhield down because the speaker grill unit goes underneath the windhield frame.Who thought this messed up situation up? As soon as I get the old torx bolts out I am getting grade 8 bolts if they cost $100 a piece! Then I'll take the torx bolts and strap a stick of dynomite to them light the fuse and run!! HE HE... Do all YJ's have this stupid setup, or is it just my Jeep getting back at me cause he's mad at me for not playing in the mud and stuff with him more often?

'87 YJ,4.2L 6cyl(rebuilding someday) On 33" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws, (unlifted, but big lift in store, when I get some $$$)upgraded clutch and brakes, broken loud stereo.(Can't imagine how that....COUGH!..WATER....happened. Haven't used a top doors or windshield in uh,.....hmm.... since midwinter? That sounds right.
Jeepguy3401 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.