87 4.2L sometimes hard to start - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 87 4.2L sometimes hard to start

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-29-2013, 01:57 PM   #31
jbrown73
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Yes, it is normal. The 'already warmed motor' is where the heat is coming from to cause the vapor lock. When you shut the engine down there is no air flow to take the heat away from the engine compartment resulting in all that heat being trapped under the hood and encapsulating (word of the day) the carb......been down this very road! Do a search on 'fuel boiling in carb'. Some of the same guys giving you advice on this thread are the same ones that helped me out on this issue.

[QUOTE=Rproject;15815900]The only thing I can say is to close your eyes. Seriously. If you close your eyes and pay attention to your finger tips, you'll be able to feel the nuts better and manipulate them easier.[/QUOTE]
jbrown73 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2013, 01:59 PM   #32
jbrown73
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Disregard last post. If I would have scrolled back a few pages I would have seen that I have already posted that information....been one of those days!

[QUOTE=Rproject;15815900]The only thing I can say is to close your eyes. Seriously. If you close your eyes and pay attention to your finger tips, you'll be able to feel the nuts better and manipulate them easier.[/QUOTE]
jbrown73 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2013, 02:07 PM   #33
ufvj217

Well guess I'll just deal with it haha. Not a big issue however if it was my daily driver i feel that it would get annoying very fast. But I only drive it every few days after work for pleasure driving.
ufvj217 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.