Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

8.8 problems

716 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  ErikJordan 
#1 ·
I just bought an 8.8 and took it into the shop to have it done because I don't have the equipment to do it myself. The problem is the 8.8 did not come with any brake parts. The mechanic is going to charge me an arm and a leg to buy it from the factory. Any suggestions

#3 ·
you would have been much better off buying the whole mess the first time. your price for this thing just went through the roof.
i would, as suggested above, just get the parts from an auto parts store.
what about e-brake cables? do you have those?
:(

#4 ·
I have the e brake cable but have been reading that they won't work on the yj. Most commonly, I read to either buy the M.O.R.E. e brake or get one from a Grand Cherokee.

#5 ·
Cables can be pricey, snag them from a GC in a junk lot. The brake parts (calipers, pads, etc) shouldn't be too bad if you price around. I got brand new calipers for my jeep for 20$ a side, 40$ for a set isn't too bad and that's in CND funds. I know 8.8 will be different parts and prices but it's not like they are 100$ a side I would think.

#6 ·
i used the stock 8.8 cable for my installation.
it was easy, really.
i drilled a hole in the fuel filter skid plate, and ran the cable through the hole to the yj brake cable adjuster. you may need to beef up the skid .... thats it ;)
it has been that way for a while now. no problems ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.