Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

8.8 in..... break master and vacuum options?

3K views 37 replies 12 participants last post by  captainauti 
#1 ·
hello all again. i just finished the 8.8 with disc brake install. everything went great. my next issue to tend to is stopping. i hooked everything up to the stock setup that is in the heep. it is a 95 with stock braking for a 4cyl.
i took it for a quick ride, and it stops just the same as it always has...... like a$$. what can the fine people of JF recommend for break upgrades, do's and dont's.
1.the stock proportioning valve is in place...... should it stay, change?
2.its a 4cyl originally so maybe upgrade to the duel diaphram vac booster?
3.master cyl upgrades?

i hear of people locking up 37's, im running 33's, and its not the best stopper. it is off the road until it stops properly, so that is my next project.
thanx to all ...... again.:cheers2:
capt.

#36 ·
ok..... residual pressure valve, and removal of the proportioning valve inner seal was the combo. she stops better than ive ever remembered. :thumbsup: thanx for all the help and info. im finally happy with it. then my father decided to take my front bumper winch and bars and put them on his jeep. so i guess its time to build my bumpers and fenders.:thankyou::thankyou::thankyou:

#37 ·
Glad it's working better now.
You will want to add a disc/disc prop valve. Pulling out the o-ring will allow the rear brakes to get too much pressure and lock up before the rear. Probably not a big deal if you don't drive on the street.

#38 ·
the rears wont lock. but the fronts almost want to. it seems a perfect setup really. might try a prop valve for disc disc anyways...... y not right?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.