62 mm throttle body - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 62 mm throttle body

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 05-29-2013, 01:28 PM   #1
stargazer3141
1991 YJ Wrangler 

62 mm throttle body

Anyone have any advice here? My wrangler is a 91 with the 4.0 and am running a stock throttle body with a spacer and cold air intake. Anyone ever upgrade to a 62 mm throttle body? Good or bad idea? Worth the expense? Any brand/model recommended?

stargazer3141 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-29-2013, 01:51 PM   #2
jsawduste
Web Wheeler
2006 YJ Wrangler 

Doable but not truly a bolt on.

Depending on your altitude and exhaust efficiency you may need to run larger injectors as the stock injector duty cycle will likely not flow enough fuel. Bumping the fuel pressure is a given no matter what.

One phenomena with the larger TB will be a pronounced flat spot in the low/mid RPM range. This is the Closed Loop ECM tuning at work and it is tough to totally eliminate.

I`ve finally got mine running what I consider to be pretty good after playing with timing, fuel pressure, injector phasing and throttle plate air bleeds. Even so the plan is to convert to OBD2 over the winter and have the ability to reprogram the ECM.
jsawduste is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-29-2013, 08:12 PM   #3
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

i went to one on a cherokee i had. it was a renix fuel injection system though so it was a little different. the oversize throttle body made such a huge difference that i ended up not regearing after going to larger tires
Unread 05-30-2013, 11:19 AM   #4
Siva283
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsawduste View Post
Doable but not truly a bolt on.

Depending on your altitude and exhaust efficiency you may need to run larger injectors as the stock injector duty cycle will likely not flow enough fuel. Bumping the fuel pressure is a given no matter what.

One phenomena with the larger TB will be a pronounced flat spot in the low/mid RPM range. This is the Closed Loop ECM tuning at work and it is tough to totally eliminate.

I`ve finally got mine running what I consider to be pretty good after playing with timing, fuel pressure, injector phasing and throttle plate air bleeds. Even so the plan is to convert to OBD2 over the winter and have the ability to reprogram the ECM.
Hope your gonna do a write up on the OBDII switch.

The throttle body spacer doesnt really help fuel injection.

[QUOTE=Magnum;14117863] I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ldso;16498409]. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Luuca;16122017]diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Overhead;17658665]this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.[/QUOTE]
Siva283 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.