Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

6" TJ flares on my YJ?

593 views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  CaSea4Me 
#1 ·
I'm thinking about putting 6" TJ falres on my YJ,
Anybody running these on their YJ?

#4 ·
Yeah, but if you're buying custom wide flares, it won't make a difference... if you buy trail flares for the YJ, they are just as wide as trail flares for the TJ... 6" (7" from Warn I think).

Personally I'd like to buy the Warn YJ set... but thats just me. I like YJ's and don't want to make it look like a TJ ;-)

#9 ·
My buddy did it, and said it looked cool (i never got to see that jeep). but like everyones saying, whats the diff other than the side marker light? and how easy is it to do, like what kinda modifications doya gotta do? as it is, my tires are haning out 4 inches and that isnt exactly street legal, but i hate to drop 400 on extended flares...

#10 ·
I put the Xenon 6" flares on last week. Easy bolt right back on with OEM stuff. I thought maybe they'd look a little too big. Back once I had them on, it looked almost the same as stock except my 33x12.50 fit nicely under. Now I don't have to worry about ripping the flares off next time I'm on the trail and my tires come flying up inside of the wheelwell. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.