50'' LED Light Bar Mount - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 50'' LED Light Bar Mount

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Steering and more from Ruffstuff!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 01-26-2013, 09:15 AM   #16
Overhead
You built a 4cyl?

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Gonna mount dule 50in and change my plates to &Gdsaid

Overhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 09:18 AM   #17
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Do you have your mount brackets thought up yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install
Carlos14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 09:28 AM   #18
Overhead
You built a 4cyl?

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Yep. The lights are a way off yet. Because of my lift issues and me wanting a tuck and sye but I'm gonna do adjustable mounts so I can change the angle on trail
Overhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 11:40 PM   #19
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

The second link didn't work for me... But I am currently trying to come up with a way to mount a 50" bar as well being that my plans have changed. There is nothing on google, and looks as if I'll have to have something fabbed up.

Quote:
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Unread 02-06-2013, 12:35 AM   #20
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos14 View Post
The second link didn't work for me... But I am currently trying to come up with a way to mount a 50" bar as well being that my plans have changed. There is nothing on google, and looks as if I'll have to have something fabbed up.
Mine is almost done and it will be for sale and ready to ship in the near future.
Unread 02-06-2013, 06:15 AM   #21
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Mine is almost done and it will be for sale and ready to ship in the near future.
Very likely to work something out. Unless shipping is 3 arms and 2 legs.

Quote:
Unread 02-06-2013, 08:48 AM   #22
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos14 View Post
Very likely to work something out. Unless shipping is 3 arms and 2 legs.
Trying to get it set up as a four piece bolt together design.
Unread 02-09-2013, 12:24 AM   #23
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I am working with another forum member to have a design made up for a mount. This will be very similar in its simplicity to the Poison Spyder mounts for TJs. Hopefully I'll have something to show you in the future. Just need a light bar to fit in there now.

Quote:
Unread 02-21-2013, 12:49 PM   #24
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

My mounts came in today. I've got to finish the final bend and drill out for the bolts but aside from that, they are almost done!

Erik, a fellow Jf member made them for me. Definitely an awesome design.

Quote:
Unread 02-21-2013, 02:01 PM   #25
bgredjeep
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I can't run anything that wide on mine. I'd take it out the first trip. Hell, I was always taking the windshield off for wheeling and now have sold it because I figured I'd just end up ruining it. I have my 2 10" bars mounted inboard a bit on the cage to avoid contact with rocks and trees and could probably fit a 30" between the 2 outer mounts if I wanted to upgrade later.
bgredjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 02:37 PM   #26
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgredjeep View Post
I can't run anything that wide on mine. I'd take it out the first trip. Hell, I was always taking the windshield off for wheeling and now have sold it because I figured I'd just end up ruining it. I have my 2 10" bars mounted inboard a bit on the cage to avoid contact with rocks and trees and could probably fit a 30" between the 2 outer mounts if I wanted to upgrade later.
I'm not as concerned with taking it out as most would be being that mine is a dd and I'm really building it as more of an expedition type. The majority of my wheeling isn't rock crawling and racing so I don't bash my rig up too much.

Quote:
Unread 02-21-2013, 02:58 PM   #27
bgredjeep
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Understood. I used to keep my Jeep nice, then I got the idea to chop up the body to make a juggy (haven't started yet) and I just stopped caring. My Jeep has gotten a bit of "character" over the last year or so.

And just to stay somewhat on topic, here are my bars mounted. I built some nice quick release mounts I was going to weld to the cage but decided to save those for the new tube work. I still need to get out and take some pics of it lighting the street. They are pretty bright.

here is what I built to mount them. I'll use these when I tube the Jeep out.
bgredjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 08:22 PM   #28
mrmark
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I had a CARR light bar on mine from the PO and now have my Duallys up on the corners with some cheap angle, but when my 50" comes in I am thinking I can utilize the holes already drilled with the expansion bolts and create something that will hold it with the angle and then get something created that will be sturdier. However, unlike Carlos, I am waiting to get the light and brackets before I spend any money or time on mounts that may or may not work. I am also thinking if the 50" is going to be a permanent addition I can attach it right to the window frame, what are a few more holes for a light bar going to damage?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC ...

The problems of owning 2 Jeeps ... I never know which one to work on or which YJ gets the next mod ...
mrmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 08:24 PM   #29
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Lucky for you, I've seen your spare windshield.
Unread 02-27-2013, 09:37 PM   #30
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I'm not concerned with mine not working. One more bend and then it'll be finished. Waiting for the light to make that bend however. And even better, my mounts only cost $25 out of pocket as I worked a deal with a JF member so I am pleased

Quote:

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.