50'' LED Light Bar Mount - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 50'' LED Light Bar Mount

Light up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutDon't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 01-16-2012, 04:16 PM   #1
Lambo3244
1993 YJ Wrangler 

50'' LED Light Bar Mount

Hey fellas,

Has anyone mounted Rigid Industries 50'' LED Light Bar E-Series on their windshield? If you click on the picture with the yellow YJ on this link you can see what I am talking about:

http://shop.poisonspyder.com/YJ-Fron...3-16-020-c.htm

And if I'm not mistaken, the mount that they used was this:

http://www.rigidindustries.com/produ...eepbracket.htm

But, it shows just for a TJ/JK. How did they do it?? I don't know if I feel like spending $1800 bucks for just a bracket. The light bar does come with two mounts that are on the side. So I suppoose I could measure, drill, and set a rivet bolt of some fashion. Any comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks all

Lambo3244 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2012, 04:27 PM   #2
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quite honestly I don't think any YJ owner has ever ponied up the $$ for one of those Rigid Light Bars. They're quite expensive, especially if you consider the number of inexpensive chinese light bars out there, like this one:

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/SW-LED-Light-Bar

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2012, 07:24 PM   #3
BackRoadJPin
1995 Wrangler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

I like the idea, but that thing is beyond over priced I would much rather put that towards other upgrades. $1800.00 would put me really close to an Atlas II or a gen III V8 & 700r4 swap.

BackRoadJPin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2012, 07:53 PM   #4
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah not to mention you can buy a KC Daylighter spotlight kit and a 55w HID kit for less than $200 total, and it would still put out more light.

That being said, I go crazy over LED's...

[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Unread 01-16-2012, 08:29 PM   #5
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

$1,859 just for the mount? HOLY COW BATMAN

I'm sure you could make it work and it's your money and all, but I can't see spending that kind of money for lights.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2012, 10:19 PM   #6
BackRoadJPin
1995 Wrangler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress View Post
Yeah not to mention you can buy a KC Daylighter spotlight kit and a 55w HID kit for less than $200 total, and it would still put out more light.

That being said, I go crazy over LED's...
I dig LED's as well, just not to the tune of $1800.00, like you said $200.00 and you're covered. I put LED's for my interior 4-5 years ago tied into the stock dimmer and door pins, just have not got around to doing the dash lights. Shoot 2006 I slapped on $80 worth of Walmart lights, and the Pro Comps that were free, maybe $30 in relay switch kits and now have windshield, bumper, rock lights. I won't upgrade or replace until something breaks.

BackRoadJPin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2012, 04:29 AM   #7
fratis

1991 YJ Wrangler 

i spend an obscene amount of money on lights for work (motion picture). the last LED was a 12"x12" at $2700.00 and although i spend a lot, i just couldnt get myself to pay those prices for a light on a jeep even though its not that expensive compared to what i spend on other lights. i cant imagine many pay full price for those.
Unread 01-17-2012, 10:23 AM   #8
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I know the Rigid lights work, there are LOTS of desert racers using them right now (hell, one of them won with about $5000 worth of rigid lights), but they're just too pricey for us common folk...

Unread 01-17-2012, 12:48 PM   #9
UltimatE
Resident Audio Guru

1994 YJ Wrangler 

So $1,199 for the light and $1,859... $3,000 for a light bar bracket. Not a chance in hell for me.

That light bar bracket is asinine. 3 pieces of bent/cut sheet metal is worth about $50 in materials and $150 in processing.

White '94 YJ Sport
Black '98 ZJ Laredo - 45x60 Surco Rack - 2" Budget Boost, Addco Front Swaybar

Project (s)Low - A build log.
UltimatE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2013, 06:12 PM   #10
Toby36
1998 TJ Wrangler 

the bracket from rigid is 289.99 i think you can get almost the same one for like 179 at 4wd.com. i was thinking about getting that bracket and fabbing up a crossmember and putting hids up there i like the way it fits to the windshield unlike most light bars that stick out from the frame., i think those are ugly. these brackets will also proteect the frame from damage.
Toby36 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2013, 06:38 PM   #11
GilNewJeeper
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
So $1,199 for the light and $1,859... $3,000 for a light bar bracket. Not a chance in hell for me.

That light bar bracket is asinine. 3 pieces of bent/cut sheet metal is worth about $50 in materials and $150 in processing.
That will be more than the Jeep .............
GilNewJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2013, 07:50 PM   #12
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

I'm having a mount built for two of these:

http://www.kmdgarage.com/22-quantum-cree-led-light-bar/

It's gonna be just over $500 for everything when its done.
Unread 01-22-2013, 07:20 AM   #13
mrmark
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I now have 4 Rigid dually's mounted and don't really see a need for more unless I am trying to light up Mars, oh this is with 2 of them and 2 100 watt cheapos
rigid-lights-down-block.jpg  

The problems of owning 2 Jeeps ... I never know which one to work on or which YJ gets the next mod ...
mrmark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2013, 07:56 AM   #14
Overhead
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I'm planing to pick up a 50in bar shortly if the lights we ordered are of good quality and don't step on anyones toes when they come in. hopefully I'll have 100000 lumen onthe front of my rig soon...
Overhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2013, 10:08 AM   #15
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overhead View Post
I'm planing to pick up a 50in bar shortly if the lights we ordered are of good quality and don't step on anyones toes when they come in. hopefully I'll have 100000 lumen onthe front of my rig soon...
That's ALOT of lumens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install
Carlos14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.