$5/ 5 minutes DIY Foot pegs. - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > $5/ 5 minutes DIY Foot pegs.

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 05-23-2013, 08:08 PM   #106
Dirttracker18
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
That's the same sort of mouthbreathing logic that believes that you don't need to wear a seat belt because you can just push away from the dash. The point wasn't about whether someone loses a leg, its about someone not being able to react in time to prevent someone else from gettin hurt. Its evident that you only care about yourself so I will let the rest of your post go without reply because its about as worthless as the other vomit you have posted thus far.
Wow you talk a lot of smack for someone that does a lot for the site.

Perhaps you could calm the trash talk and put forth a well reasoned arguement.

My foot is no farther from my clutch or any worse then behind it on the floor.

All this flaming of the OP is undeserved and you of all people should know better.

As if you've never done something that another thought was dumb, careless or worse.

As for your personal attack on me, I'll put my knowledge base up against yours any day so please keep your uninformed personal attacks to yourself.

With 20 years building, setting up and driving racecars behind me, you can trust safety is my top priority but this was blown way out of proportion. We have guys on here riding around on 35's using stock brakes which is far more dangerous then where you rest your foot.

Dirttracker18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 08:11 PM   #107
mike_breaker_5
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

lets get the e-measuring stick out to see who's JF wiener is bigger. that should settle things.

it's not much to look at... but it's mine.
5.2lswap, metalcloaks, bedliner, tucked belly, d60's, soon to be nv4500 and d300.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...r-junk-990191/
mike_breaker_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 08:19 PM   #108
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Did anyone lock this yet? I cannot stop reading it because it is so crazy.
Unread 05-23-2013, 08:23 PM   #109
HurricaneRZA
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by superj View Post
Did anyone lock this yet? I cannot stop reading it because it is so crazy.
C'mon, there was a pissing challenge request just a couple posts above yours!
[QUOTE=doublins;15539665]I always get people coming over and saying things like "I wish I knew how to do that," etc- but they don't realize- at some point I didn't know how to do it either- I had to figure it out.[/QUOTE]
HurricaneRZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 05:40 AM   #110
mike_breaker_5
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

it's not much to look at... but it's mine.
5.2lswap, metalcloaks, bedliner, tucked belly, d60's, soon to be nv4500 and d300.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...r-junk-990191/
mike_breaker_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 09:03 AM   #111
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I still insist only hot chicks have any body part hanging out of the Jeep.

Yep, the thread is back to women again...

Unread 05-24-2013, 11:13 AM   #112
vadslram
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Nobody could make shorts scream in pleasure like Cathrine Bach. Daisy is my favorite pink flower
vadslram is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 11:32 AM   #113
PHARIS88
1996 ZJ 

Hey, I listened to the radio on the way to work today.. with the windows down.. I was scared though... thought it might not be safe hahaha

HOPE EVERYONE HAS A SAFEEE WEEKEND... WITH OR WITHOUT PEGS

www.youtube.com/pharis88

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/1...hread-1507279/
PHARIS88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 07:59 PM   #114
pasinbuy
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirttracker18 View Post
Wow you talk a lot of smack for someone that does a lot for the site.

Perhaps you could calm the trash talk and put forth a well reasoned arguement.

My foot is no farther from my clutch or any worse then behind it on the floor. Not true at all, you might want to rethink this. This is why you were responded to with slight harshness..

All this flaming of the OP is undeserved and you of all people should know better.The OP was not one time flamed for his thread. Only sugestions about the possible safety issue driving on the road with a foot out the door.

As if you've never done something that another thought was dumb, careless or worse. I know I have, although I also will not argue with untrue facts and tell others that what I am doing is safe when it is not. You argue that it is safe can you truly believe this?

As for your personal attack on me, I'll put my knowledge base up against yours any day so please keep your uninformed personal attacks to yourself.

With 20 years building, setting up and driving racecars behind me, you can trust safety is my top priority but this was blown way out of proportion. We have guys on here riding around on 35's using stock brakes which is far more dangerous then where you rest your foot. If you are driving your rig with 35" tires and stock brakes then you should be the last person to stick your foot out of your door. If you truly care about safety as you state back your words with action. Be truthful about the possible hazard. Sticking your foot out the door may be comfortable to some but definitely not safe.
You make a good argument that safety is not your priority. Please overlook that I am being a little harsh on you it is not my intention. Anticaman stated to you what myself and some other thought. Your facts are way off and he called you on it.
pasinbuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 09:17 PM   #115
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

You guys do realize tires on Jeeps stick out just as far as the flares (more if its lifted with 12.50 width tires ) . It's his foot let it rest out of the jeep if he wants .

Sent from iPhoneusing JeepForum
Unread 05-25-2013, 07:51 AM   #116
NHfireYJ
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_breaker_5 View Post
lets get the e-measuring stick out to see who's JF wiener is bigger. that should settle things.
CLASSIC!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisnvegas View Post

Thank god for Daisy Duke!!!
BETTY...94 SE, Golen Stroker 4.6, RE 4" lift, 1" booms rear, 1/2" booms front, 1" BL, 35 12.5 15 GY MTR's Kevlar on 15 x 8, AA SYE w/ Woods shaft, D30 Aussie, 8.8 w/ LSD, 4.10, Smittybilt front and rear bumpers, Wildbuilt rock sliders, Cutom tire carrier w/ Jerry can, Hi-Lift, Smitybilt 8000lb winch, Ammo can consol, VHF & CB radio, Herculined, Neoprene seat covers, Hard /soft/ bikini tops.

HUMMER INTAKE. Click here.. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...style-1257285/

FEBRUARY 2013 YJOTM
NHfireYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2013, 09:35 AM   #117
Dirttracker18
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I still contend this was blown way out of proportion and many crying safety are guilty of far worse safety violations. ( ie. oversized tires with stock brakes, advising under skilled people on lift installs, etc)

As for me, I am confident in my safety record and can stand on my reputation as both a racer and builder. My work has been held up as a model of safety and even used as an example for rules changes.

Obviously we disagree here but I stand by my statements and my reputation.
Dirttracker18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2013, 04:17 PM   #118
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Just read this whole thread.
I usually try and stay out of the interwebz flame wars, but I've been seeing a frustrating trend on JF of people getting all heated about "safety" issues.

I think this is a cool mod. I myself plant my foot on the door well (automagic here btw) or the hinge while driving doorless. It's comfortable. It's not about "looking cool" or whatever, it's just a comfy way to enjoy the doorless/topless ride.

When I was younger I was much, much less concerned about safety and security, but age, time, a few very close brushes with death/dismemberment, and having a child have tempered my reckless, testosterone fueled, c*ck measuring. That said, life is inherently dangerous, and while it's true that hanging your foot out of a moving vehicle leaves you slightly more vulnerable during a collision and/or accident, debating human reaction times, the distance to a pedal, the "ifs, ands, or buts" is pretty senseless.

How many of you have checked at text while driving? Changed a CD/radio station? Turned to scold kids in the back seat? Pounded down that truck stop hot dog? Drank your coffee while smoking your cig? I bet the answer is 100% of you have done at least one of these things one time. All of them are dangerous to do behind the wheel, and yet we all have a sense of confidence that we're not the bad drivers. It's everyone else.

Being an armchair safety director is not only pointless, it's based nearly on pure speculation. I worked as an EMT medic for about 3 years. During that time I saw a seat belt decapitate a teenage driver that was struck head on by a drunk. On a particularly deadly stretch of mountain highway I responded to a single car rollover. The driver had slid off the road in winder conditions, rolled once down a 15 foot embankment, and ended up upside down in a shallow river with about 4' of water. His seatbelt locked up during the roll and must have jammed. We found him drowned with his head submerged about 2' under the water. He sustained no other injuries. He simply couldn't get out of his seatbelt.

I've seen people killed when their head slammed side ways into the window. I've seen people eviscerated after their head shattered the side window and their body flopped out enough to catch their guts on the glass. I've seen people literally torn in half as they flair around the cab. Their butts firmly planted and belted in while their torso bangs around in opposite directions. I've seen decapitations after a head makes it though the windshield during a roll. I've seen amputations of every other body part. I've seen seat belts kill and I've seen them save lives. I've seen air bags kill and I've seen air bags save lives.

How many of you have loose tools in bags/boxs thrown somewhere in the cab? Groceries? Pets? I've seen all of those things thrown around during a crash and kill or maim the occupants.

One call I responded to; we rolled up to a single car rollover. Upon arriving on scene the first thing we saw was a small pick up maybe 25 yards off the road. It looked as if it had rolled a few times. The windshield had a large spiderweb crack on the drivers side with blood and hair stuck to it. We rush up to the male driver of mid 20s to find him firmly belted in with only minor cuts and dings. We quickly moved over to the female passenger. She had multiple lacerations, a compound fracture, and the back of her head was deformed. No pulse, no breathing. We extricated her and threw her on a bus to the hospital. Meanwhile we were able to extricate the driver. While doing so we found that his fly was down...All the pieces came together. She was pronounced DOA and he walked home that night after killing his GF....

So, before you all sit back and flame away, realize that most of you are just spewing regurgitated garbage out from behind your monitors. You think something "sounds" unsafe but I guarantee each and every one of you does much worse than that while driving every day without realizing it. There's no arguing that having any part of your body outside the vehicle is less safe than having it inside, but the degree is nearly negligible and only matters when the circumstances line up perfectly. If the reaper wants to find you he will.

Until then, stop strapping your kids into hockey gear just to play on the monkey bars. Give 'em a hammer and tell 'em to go build a tree house or a box car or something! I don't know when our society turned into such a bunch of pantie wastes but just give it a rest!

RANT OFF

Cheers
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2013, 04:25 PM   #119
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

If you ever come to my neck of the woods, Sparrows, I'm buying you a beer.
Unread 05-25-2013, 04:34 PM   #120
DirtKar
I pledge allegiance.

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelgoesrawr View Post
If you ever come to my neck of the woods, Sparrows, I'm buying you a beer.
Yep, this. Well done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris87xj View Post
I am kinda partial to white.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
That's racist, Chris.
DirtKar is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.