$5/ 5 minutes DIY Foot pegs. - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > $5/ 5 minutes DIY Foot pegs.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 05-22-2013, 05:39 PM   #61
pasinbuy
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Too funny!

pasinbuy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2013, 05:51 PM   #62
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

OK, I'll say it.

No one wants to look at some ugly leg driving down the street. Not safety, it's the hairy varicose veined dude legs every one objects to. YUK!

Now some chick legs, different story.
Unread 05-22-2013, 06:28 PM   #63
bigbossd1030
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisnvegas
OK, I'll say it.

No one wants to look at some ugly leg driving down the street. Not safety, it's the hairy varicose veined dude legs every one objects to. YUK!

Now some chick legs, different story.
Winner!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
[COLOR="Blue"]OFFICIAL JEEPER[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]Any Jeepers in Edmonton, AB
I am on channel 33.[/COLOR]
I live, I ride, I am JEEP.
bigbossd1030 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2013, 07:06 PM   #64
JBTJ
JEEPer For Life

2001 TJ Wrangler 

I look at it this way. You are driving in a JEEP with no doors or no top, how unsafe is that potentially? I don't think a leg hanging out the door is going to matter one way or the other.
JBTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2013, 07:56 PM   #65
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I cannot believe this is 5 pages long.
Unread 05-23-2013, 10:46 AM   #66
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBTJ View Post
I look at it this way. You are driving in a JEEP with no doors or no top, how unsafe is that potentially? I don't think a leg hanging out the door is going to matter one way or the other.
Just as safe as with the doors and a hard top on. Jeeps were designed for crash safety with those items removed.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2013, 11:05 AM   #67
HurricaneRZA
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmonkey View Post
Just as safe as with the doors and a hard top on. Jeeps were designed for crash safety with those items removed.
x2. I don't follow the logic of Jeep=unsafe.

If you're not a knucklehead then safety IS a concern- if not yours then somebody else's- REGARDLESS OF WHAT VEHICLE YOU ARE USING. Brake upgrades, safety equipment, roll cages etc.

If you use a peg, and lose your foot that's your problem. But don't be shocked when people give you **** for it.

And to the folks that use motorcycles as an excuse. Apples to oranges. Not to mention the majority of bikers who aren't dumb***es or squids value safety as a #1 concern on a daily basis.
[QUOTE=doublins;15539665]I always get people coming over and saying things like "I wish I knew how to do that," etc- but they don't realize- at some point I didn't know how to do it either- I had to figure it out.[/QUOTE]
HurricaneRZA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2013, 11:05 AM   #68
rambo3489
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraxen View Post
I used to put my foot on the rock rail on those hot sticky days to create a Ram air for my Balls.

Nail on the HEAD!!

Current Project: None... I disgust myself.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-yj-build-adventures-thread-1356941/"][SIZE="3"][B]BUILDING THE YJ MY WAY[/B][/SIZE][/URL]
rambo3489 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2013, 11:08 AM   #69
Dirttracker18
1995 YJ Wrangler 

This thread makes me want to go home and build a set of pegs, take off my track and sway bar and perhaps cut a notch in my roll bar.

Too many with their panties in a wad.

I have my foot out the door all the time and I have a stick. I do not brake with that foot and in an emergency the clutch is my last concern, although I would bet I can get in the door and on the clutch as fast as someone on the dead peddle.

I like the idea and will likely borrow it, thanks OP.

Finally, there is nothing safe about driving with your doors off but most of us do it. I would bet this includes those against the pegs. In the event of a crash the door keeps body parts inside, like legs and feet. This is why race cars have window nets.

Get over yourselves.
Dirttracker18 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2013, 11:08 AM   #70
rambo3489
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I agree. The unsafe if you leg it out the door logic does not hold water. MAYBE if your crawling on some rocks. But if you have your leg out the door when doing that you deserve to have it amputated.

Current Project: None... I disgust myself.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-yj-build-adventures-thread-1356941/"][SIZE="3"][B]BUILDING THE YJ MY WAY[/B][/SIZE][/URL]
rambo3489 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2013, 11:26 AM   #71
HurricaneRZA
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Edit.

Nevermind.
[QUOTE=doublins;15539665]I always get people coming over and saying things like "I wish I knew how to do that," etc- but they don't realize- at some point I didn't know how to do it either- I had to figure it out.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by HurricaneRZA; 05-23-2013 at 11:28 AM.. Reason: ...
HurricaneRZA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2013, 11:32 AM   #72
b_a_mech
1994 YJ Wrangler 

This is some crazy read!
BUILT NOT BOUGHT #602 / ZOMBIE RESPONSE TEAM #40 / USN HULL #196
b_a_mech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2013, 11:41 AM   #73
vadslram
1990 YJ Wrangler 

When the first wasp gets blown up your shorts and proceeds to display her displeasure on your ummm ...cash and prizes, you will see why it's wise to "keep your hand and feet inside the car while the ride is in motion"
vadslram is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2013, 11:54 AM   #74
ki4cye
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirttracker18
This thread makes me want to go home and build a set of pegs, take off my track and sway bar and perhaps cut a notch in my roll bar.

Too many with their panties in a wad.

I have my foot out the door all the time and I have a stick. I do not brake with that foot and in an emergency the clutch is my last concern, although I would bet I can get in the door and on the clutch as fast as someone on the dead peddle.

I like the idea and will likely borrow it, thanks OP.

Finally, there is nothing safe about driving with your doors off but most of us do it. I would bet this includes those against the pegs. In the event of a crash the door keeps body parts inside, like legs and feet. This is why race cars have window nets.

Get over yourselves.
My thoughts exactly. Next I guess we are going to have to get rid of all the standard transmissions when they figure out you can't keep your hands at 10 and 2 or where ever your supposed to have them while shifting.

Sent from here to there using JeepForum
ki4cye is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2013, 12:18 PM   #75
JBTJ
JEEPer For Life

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmonkey View Post
Yeah tell that to the kid that used to live in my town that was cruising down the road one day and got hit on the passenger side door and knocked him out on his doorway and the seatbelt wasn't tight enough to hold him in and was killed in the wreck. Maybe if he had no seatbelt he would have been thrown clear or maybe if he had his doors on he wouldn't have fallen out. Point is any vehicle without doors or a top is more inherently dangerous than one with a top and doors.
JBTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.