$5/ 5 minutes DIY Foot pegs. - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > $5/ 5 minutes DIY Foot pegs.

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-20-2013, 08:30 PM   #31
skizriz
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasinbuy View Post
Nothing on my Yj was built to impress anyone.

You have misunderstood what I was stating. Your door footpeg is very dangerous to other drivers with your foot out the door. That said it does look lame where you may think it looks cool.

Maybe that is why it is a instant ticket for unsafe driving when you get caught.

Please do not take this as a flame to you, but rather a concern for you and others driver on the road.

Edit: To be clear I am more concerned about reaction time as far as the time it takes for you to pull your leg back into your rig and react. A person that lets their feet hang out of a car, Jeep, or a motorcycle does not have control of the weapon they are driving.
Blah, blah,blah. Do you know how many cops I have driven past, pulled up next to, or have had them pass me on the highway while doing 65mph with my foot draped across my foot peg. More than I can count.
Guess how many tickets I have gotten.....ZERO.

It's no different that driving with your elbow hanging out the window. My Jeeps made of fiberglass, it doesn't matter if my foot is inside or outside if somebody creames me from the side. I'll be F'ed up either way.

Plus it makes a nice boot scraper for the mud when I am out wheeling.

Unread 05-20-2013, 08:32 PM   #32
skizriz
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraxen View Post
I used to put my foot on the rock rail on those hot sticky days to create a Ram air for my Balls.
Unread 05-20-2013, 08:40 PM   #33
DJeepinOK
2000 TJ Wrangler 

All these people talking crap... If he doesnt have doors is having his foot in or out going to make a difference? I think this is a great idea built for purpose not looks.
Unread 05-20-2013, 08:46 PM   #34
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJeepinOK View Post
All these people talking crap... If he doesnt have doors is having his foot in or out going to make a difference? I think this is a great idea built for purpose not looks.
doors on a wrangler are not a part of the safety equipment, they are only there to keep the elements out and are not structural in any way.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2013, 08:47 PM   #35
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJeepinOK View Post
With all the people crying about not wanting to remove their trackbars and swaybars on their YJ's, this one actually has merit. Keep your eyes on the road, your hands on the wheel, and your feet at the ready. No exceptions. This is a safety issue now and if y'all wanna argue safety with me, please state your case.
Unread 05-20-2013, 08:50 PM   #36
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman

With all the people crying about not wanting to remove their trackbars and swaybars on their YJ's, this one actually has merit. Keep your eyes on the road, your hands on the wheel, and your feet at the ready. No exceptions. This is a safety issue now and if y'all wanna argue safety with me, please state your case.
You keep both hands at 10/2 and your foot on the clutch at all times?
Unread 05-20-2013, 08:52 PM   #37
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelgoesrawr View Post
You keep both hands at 10/2 and your foot on the clutch at all times?
I keep my feet at the ready and unless I'm shifting, I'm at ten and two. Sometimes nine and three.
Unread 05-20-2013, 09:05 PM   #38
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler
1992 YJ Wrangler 

An ape hanger steering wheel might go well with the footpegs.
Unread 05-20-2013, 09:20 PM   #39
DJeepinOK
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
If safety was a major concern then would he be driving a jeep? Also if you look at the pic, his heel is on the door frame, meaning that all he has to do is slide his foot down straight onto the clutch pedal. Its not like this is a hassle to get his foot back inside the jeep...

plus, is this really worth arguing over? He likes it, it wasn't built to impress, it was built for HIS purpose - not yours, not mine, but his.
Unread 05-20-2013, 09:31 PM   #40
rodgers3
1992 YJ Wrangler 

for cruising to the mall and back its comfortable other than that i don't really use it.
rodgers3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2013, 10:53 PM   #41
TA-YJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

It might not be safe but Ive done it before. Theyre only really worth it if youre in a cruising gear a lot. During those 90+ degree days though the central air effect while wearing shorts is amazing.
Other:LED Tails and Herculined
TA-YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 12:36 AM   #42
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Did i some how find my way into the women's section? This thread sucks!
ashland82391 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 06:11 AM   #43
dcocch
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
Did i some how find my way into the women's section? This thread sucks!
Seriously...I'm shocked how many people are butt hurt over pegs.
dcocch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 06:53 AM   #44
JeeperDon
Patience, Grasshopper

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcocch View Post
Seriously...I'm shocked how many people are butt hurt over pegs.
... then don't get people started on chrome...
Unread 05-21-2013, 07:05 AM   #45
befumo
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcocch View Post
Thanks for posting this, Atticus. Ignore the people talking crap. If I was overly concerned with safety I wouldn't be driving a door-less, top-less vehicle. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the people hating on this go roll around without seat belts because they are "uncomfortable." Thanks for the cheap mod idea!
I would have to agree.. i swear two people in a row say something bad any everyone just follows.

I dont know why you males got going on but fresh breeze down the pant leg.. is amazing.
befumo is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.