$5/ 5 minutes DIY Foot pegs. - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > $5/ 5 minutes DIY Foot pegs.

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 05-20-2013, 10:17 AM   #16
rodgers3
1992 YJ Wrangler 

wow. lot a metal in the foot.
what happened?

rodgers3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2013, 10:20 AM   #17
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgers3 View Post
wow. lot a metal in the foot.
what happened?
I had a boo boo.
Unread 05-20-2013, 11:05 AM   #18
XtrailratedJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I have something similar for when I go doorless on the XJ. Tires and Slider stick out further than my foot does. Also, with the hand throttle, you can clutch and brake with your right foot.

Originally Posted by Durt_Diver:
Those pics might be a little too flexy for this thread. You don't happen to have any pics of your friends xj on a curb by chance?
XtrailratedJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2013, 01:50 PM   #19
Kuntryboy816
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasinbuy

Edit: To be clear I am more concerned about reaction time as far as the time it takes for you to pull your leg back into your rig and react. A person that lets their feet hang out of a car, Jeep, or a motorcycle does not have control of the weapon they are driving.
Really?!? So just bc my foot hangs outta my jeep means I can't control the vehicle? Most vehicles these days are automatic trannys... as is my YJ. So you're telling me that the foot that does absolutely nothing while driving will be a deciding factor in an emergency situation or maneuver? And I could be mistaken but I'm pretty sure that 99% of motorcycle riders have their feet outside.....
A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government. -George Washington
Kuntryboy816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2013, 02:58 PM   #20
pasinbuy
1994 YJ Wrangler 

So I have to spell it out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuntryboy816 View Post
Really?!? So just bc my foot hangs outta my jeep means I can't control the vehicle? Not as well if you had your foot next to your controls Most vehicles these days are automatic trannys... as is my YJ. [COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"]Most of us Yj owners have stick shift and that is what I am refering to.[/COLOR] So you're telling me that the foot that does absolutely nothing while driving will be a deciding factor in an emergency situation or maneuver? "Answered And I could be mistaken but I'm pretty sure that 99% of motorcycle riders have their feet outside.....["]If your feet are not on the pegs when riding a motorcycle you do not have full control.[
Give me a break. I am not a Jeep cop. I am only offering a suggestion and not a argument. Accidents suck! Accidents avoided are much better.
pasinbuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2013, 03:29 PM   #21
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

i've seen what happens when arms and feet get caught outside a jeep or truck in an accident. never something i'd do and it is true that you don't have full control of your vehicle if you're not seated properly with both hands and feet at the controls.

it's also illegal to drive barefoot in this state for those that like to do that.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2013, 03:36 PM   #22
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

I used to ride with my foot on the step all of the tim when I had my automatic. Helps a little with the heat. I tried it once on a long long dirt road in my Jeep now and I'll never do it again. Much to hard to get my foot in to use the clutch.

I'd say I felt completely in control in the auto though. You only use one foot anyhow. But I digress.
Unread 05-20-2013, 03:38 PM   #23
Kraxen
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I used to put my foot on the rock rail on those hot sticky days to create a Ram air for my Balls.
Unread 05-20-2013, 06:10 PM   #24
caoboy
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
My left foot is too valuable to be hanging out of the vehicle

Beat me by 2 screws!

6" plate and 9 screws in my leg.

Maybe, subconsciously, that is why I find it a bit dangerous to hang my leg out of a moving vehicle.
caoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2013, 06:12 PM   #25
caoboy
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraxen View Post
I used to put my foot on the rock rail on those hot sticky days to create a Ram air for my Balls.
I find this the best argument for the original post.
caoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2013, 06:54 PM   #26
rodgers3
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by caoboy View Post

I find this the best argument for the original post.
x2
rodgers3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2013, 07:14 PM   #27
b_a_mech
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman
My left foot is too valuable to be hanging out of the vehicle
This is just a bag of hardware Anti picked up at the Home Depot......ouch
BUILT NOT BOUGHT #602 / ZOMBIE RESPONSE TEAM #40 / USN HULL #196
b_a_mech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2013, 07:17 PM   #28
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_a_mech View Post
This is just a bag of hardware Anti picked up at the Home Depot......ouch
I'm the worlds craftiest thief who smuggles stuff inside my leg. Well, me and cartoon pirates.
Unread 05-20-2013, 07:58 PM   #29
stavi
2004 WJ 

A person that lets their feet hang out of a car, Jeep, or a motorcycle does not have control of the weapon they are driving.- learn the correct time and place to use the word 'weapon.' A jeep is merely a tool(transportation) a 'weapon' is only a weapon when the tool in question is used in an offensive demeanor. Its guys like this(misuse of grammar) that give law abiding gun owners a hellacious time and lawmakers more ammunition against us. That being said, let the guy do it. Just know that he will bear the responsibility of any outcomings. It could affect others but what in this world doesn't? Any soccer mom with a cup of starbucks in one hand is just as likely to cause the same amount of damage as he is. How are we supposed to police that? People are people. It happens. So drop it and read some other post about pansies and unicorns.
stavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2013, 08:21 PM   #30
AndrewBu
2000 TJ Wrangler 

a million and a half people make foot pegs for jeeps. thats why i dont get on this forum much any more. sounds like a bunch of tree hugging liberals on here. i bet tomrrow we will here about them trying to become illegal on the news now. no black jeep footpegs. they are scary. why dont a bunch of yall go drive a god damn prius if yall are worried about hanging ur foot out 6in on a peg. i bet half of yall dont even go wheel cause what if u roll, or get a piece of dirt in ur face. better where a full face helmet, or dont run over that lil pecan tree. why dont yall just accept that he actually took the time to post something that he likes that he did to his jeep and give him props.
AndrewBu is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.