JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   YJ Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/)
-   -   $5/ 5 minutes DIY Foot pegs. (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/5-5-minutes-diy-foot-pegs-1525105/)

Atticus_6147 05-18-2013 04:28 PM

$5/ 5 minutes DIY Foot pegs.

4 Attachment(s)
Hey all,

Took my doors off today and decided to add some foot pegs to the jeep. I got these at home depot and each side will cost about $5.

BlueRubiconrich 05-18-2013 05:03 PM

allways keep your foot inside the ride at all times.

JBTJ 05-18-2013 05:18 PM

Being barefoot most of the time, that doesn't look very comfortable.

Atticus_6147 05-18-2013 05:56 PM

Yeah barefoot may be a little rough. But flip flops and shoes you're golden.

JeeperDon 05-19-2013 08:08 AM

Are you twelve?

caoboy 05-19-2013 12:24 PM

3" is the difference from completely safe, to your leg blowing off in a horrific accident.

That being said, I see a lot of people doing this with Willy's and older CJ's.

Anticanman 05-19-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caoboy (Post 15452388)
3" is the difference from completely safe, to your leg blowing off in a horrific accident.

That being said, I see a lot of people doing this with Willy's and older CJ's.

3" is also the difference between ooh and ouch.

pasinbuy 05-19-2013 01:34 PM

I have to laugh again. I live in a gated community and I see the tourist old farts hanging their leg out of the gulf cart all the time. Lammos!

I also have to laugh at the cool bikers that ride down the road letting a leg or two hang down off of the foot pegs. Dangerous and real lammos!

I guarantee anyone seeing you hang your foot out of your rig is not going to be impressed. Although if impressing yourself is your goal you may be there. If your rig is a stick shift you are playing with more danger than you may realize. Because you are much slower with one leg out the door to make a panic stop or maneuver.

But whatever!

Atticus_6147 05-19-2013 11:44 PM

Well I'll say to each his own. Which if you drive a jeep, shouldn't be a surprise. I love the pegs. Being that this is a jeep forum, I wanted to post something I did to my jeep to inspire others. It's not for everyone. I'm positive I could find something on your YJ Pasinbuy that you think is impressive but really not. Either way, it's just something quick and cheap I threw together and thought others may be interested in it. If it's not your thing, stay out of it.

It's sad a twelve year old is having to tell y'all these things.

dcocch 05-20-2013 06:41 AM

Thanks for posting this, Atticus. Ignore the people talking crap. If I was overly concerned with safety I wouldn't be driving a door-less, top-less vehicle. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the people hating on this go roll around without seat belts because they are "uncomfortable." Thanks for the cheap mod idea!

ashland82391 05-20-2013 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anticanman (Post 15452453)

3" is also the difference between ooh and ouch.

Hahaha! Am i the only one who got this lol

pasinbuy 05-20-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atticus_6147 (Post 15454858)
Well I'll say to each his own. Which if you drive a jeep, shouldn't be a surprise. I love the pegs. Being that this is a jeep forum, I wanted to post something I did to my jeep to inspire others. It's not for everyone. I'm positive I could find something on your YJ Pasinbuy that you think is impressive but really not. Either way, it's just something quick and cheap I threw together and thought others may be interested in it. If it's not your thing, stay out of it.

It's sad a twelve year old is having to tell y'all these things.

Nothing on my Yj was built to impress anyone.

You have misunderstood what I was stating. Your door footpeg is very dangerous to other drivers with your foot out the door. That said it does look lame where you may think it looks cool.

Maybe that is why it is a instant ticket for unsafe driving when you get caught.

Please do not take this as a flame to you, but rather a concern for you and others driver on the road.

Edit: To be clear I am more concerned about reaction time as far as the time it takes for you to pull your leg back into your rig and react. A person that lets their feet hang out of a car, Jeep, or a motorcycle does not have control of the weapon they are driving.

rodgers3 05-20-2013 09:55 AM

i have a pair of foot pegs.
A ticket for having a foot out of my doorles vehicle? do you know of anyone that has been ticketd for this?
to each his own,
i think its a great idea, you may not.
i made mine with a few bolts and welded them together to make a peg and have the hinge pin. does not look super cool or anything but its comfortable on the highway.
the tires stick out further than the peg does.

grandboost98 05-20-2013 10:10 AM

Weird, Ive seen this mod dozens of times and this is the first one Ive seen being flamed so much for something so little.

Dont have them myself, I usually have doors on. But if I were to run them Id probably feel more comfortable with a larger area to put my foot on.

But if it works for you than thats all that matters! Good job!

Anticanman 05-20-2013 11:04 AM

My left foot is too valuable to be hanging out of the vehicle

http://i899.photobucket.com/albums/a...y/scan0002.jpg

The time now is 02:40 AM.