4wd vacuum question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 4wd vacuum question

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 04-26-2012, 12:29 PM   #1
bluedaffy
1989 YJ Wrangler 

4wd vacuum question

1989:4.2L:nuttered:weber 32/36

After nuttering my jeep, installing a weber carb and taking off the 3 vacuum solenoids I was left with a vacuum line for the 4wd that T's twice. I'm not sure why it is, maybe it was hooked into the 3 vacuum solenoids that I got rid of when I pulled the computer from the loop. In any case, can I get rid of the T's in the line to make it one straight vacuum line and hook into manifold? If not, maybe someone could help me with where the 4wd vacuum line(s) go.

bluedaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 01:58 PM   #2
dancytron
1990 YJ Wrangler 

You'll see a red line with a checkvalve at the end. That is the vacuum source for the 4wd. You can clean up whatever leftovers there are as long as you have that is hooked up to manifold vacuum.

If it is temperamental, it is probably easier in the long run to replace all the vacuum lines you have left instead of trying to find leaks and repair individual sections.
dancytron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 02:24 PM   #3
bluedaffy
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks much
bluedaffy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4wd , vacuum

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.