4wd.,. stuck in gear - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 4wd.,. stuck in gear

The NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 01-23-2002, 10:01 AM   #1
bighair

4wd.,. stuck in gear

hey guy's ,
I'm having a little issue.. I went and played in the snow the other day, it was deep and fun, but since then I can't seem to get out of 4 low.. when the stick is in position for 4 high the Jeep drives in 4 low and when the stick is in 2wd the Jeep drives in 4 high.. Any suggestions??
I've been trying to get it out of gear by trying to back and pop it out of gear. idling at slow, slow, slow, slow speeds and trying to pop it out of gear.. nothing
I'm going to lift it tongiht look at the vaccum pump maybe the tub to disengage is off or busted?? I'm going to check it out..

any other suggestions? other then going direct cable lock. hehe which I will be doing eventually, but don't have the means to right now. I need to get his done asap cause it's my only vehicle right now andI don't want to drive on bare pave with it in 4wd.. and ruine my gears..
Thanks

Unread 01-23-2002, 05:38 PM   #2
Bob K

Sounds like you need to adjust the 4WD shifter. It sounds like it's not able to pull far enough forward to disengage out of 4 wheel hi. If you don't have info on adjusting I'll scan and send you from Chilton's.
31" BFG A/T's
K&N Filter
Custom Rock Guards
Turbo Muffler
Rear Track Bar in the shed
Other Tricks I won't tell to just anybody!

'99 Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8
Towing Package
K&N FIPK
ProComp MX6 shocks
Borla Exhaust
Tow Hooks
Alpine CD with Infinity+iPod connect
Just getting started!

If you're not living on the edge...
you're taking up too much space.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2002, 05:46 PM   #3
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Also check the linkage between the shifter and the T-case, sounds like something is slightly out of adjustment. You might have some snow in there .. find a heat gun and try to melt the moisture out.
  • Silver 2006 TJ Unlimited, zombie ready as the daily-driver
  • a Kawasaki KLR650 DualSport bike

- - - - - - -TEOTWAWKI- - - - - - -

NaeKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2002, 07:36 AM   #4
bighair

Thanks for the help guys.. I'll take a look and see what I can' find.. I don't have a garage so it's kinda hard working onthe Jeep and ngiht in the cold with barely any light.. hehe I'm of on Friday so I'm going to fix it then and I'lll let you know what the problem was..

Thanks again

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.