Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

4WD slipping

640 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  tobias94yj 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I was testing out the YJ for the first time after the soa(front wheels only because i need a custom d/s made) and the transfercase would pop out of 4wd every now and then, mostly when i stopped. All i had to do was move the lever from 4H to 2H and then back to 4H and it would drive until the next time it wanted to pop out. So do you guys think it has something to do with the shifter or is it something internal. Thanks

Note: It never popped out when i locked it in 4L. I also have a Posi lock so i know it's the t-case.

#2 ·
Maybe the shifter rod is hitting on the floor after the lift? Sometimes you have to do bit of trimming around the boot so it will positively engage. Hope its that simple! :thumbsup:

#4 ·
Maybe you're posi-lok isn't setup correctly. I would blame that before the T/C in my opinion. Is it a home-made version or the actual posi-lok?

#5 ·
mine did that too after I did my sye and I thought I had screwed something up but it ended up being the linkage.

if you look down on the driver side of the t-case, follow the shifter down and you will see the adjustment. I think you need a 1/2" or 9/16" wrench to loosen it and it may need a little adjusting after doing you lift.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.