4wd shift fork stuck help!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 4wd shift fork stuck help!!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 11-14-2013, 07:00 PM   #1
AviciiLevels

4wd shift fork stuck help!!

Doing the nylon spacer fix in my vac shift motor. I cannot get the shift fork off the shaft of the vacuum motor. The vacuum/shaft itself slides halfway out of the shift housing. Is there a seal/groove holding the shift fork on?

I removed the 3 e clips as well. the shift fork will not budge the final inch off the shaft. Is the last part of the shaft a bigger diamaeter or what is going on? please help!

tmp_imag0392_burst001_1-955233953.jpg  

Last edited by AviciiLevels; 11-14-2013 at 07:33 PM.. Reason: Added a picture
AviciiLevels is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 08:28 PM   #2
AviciiLevels

Pic
tmp_imag0392_burst001_1683417467.jpg  
AviciiLevels is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2013, 08:58 AM   #3
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Looks tweaked. Put it back together and twist it around. Rotate the shaft underneath with a set if channel locks and try that.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.