4wd Light ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 4wd Light ?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 02-28-2002, 03:29 PM   #1
RCHavok797
2005 LJ Wrangler 

4wd Light ?

Over the past month my 4wd light has stopped working. The 4wd is still working fine just not the light. If I give it some gas the light goes on but only for a short time. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the light operate by a vaccum? Is it just a vacuum leak? Its obviously not anything serious just something that annoys me.

RCHavok797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2002, 04:53 PM   #2
bobznew

If I'm not mistaken, the switch that sends the signal to the light panel is located just above the vacuum actuator on the right side of the front axle. I think this is right, b/c I replaced this switch when I installed a posi-lok.

But think, it could be much worse. The light could work just fine, but the 4wd could be broken! This was a problem that I recently had with my YJ.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.