Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

4WD Hardware cat back

630 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Big-n-Broke-YJ 
#1 ·
Does any one know if the 4WD Hardware cat-backs are any good. Right now I have nothing after my cat and I need to put something there. And the one's from 4WD are nice and cheap, but has anyone ever used them? And if not, what exhaust to do recomend? My Jeep is loud as hell right now, so I need a new exhaust asap, but I'm new to Jeep's so I have no idea what to go with. THanks guys.

-Derek

#2 ·
hey man,i got a 4 cyl, i have a pacesetter header, magnaflow hi-flo cat and the 4wd hardware cat-back exhaust, i definitely have more power, it sounds a little ricey, but has a deeper tone. :thumbsup: i've had it for about 4 months and i like it so far, and like you said, they r cheap! to keep away from the ricey sound, i dont get on it much, i drive like i got sense..... :rofl: it sounds good then. :thumbsup:

#3 ·
that's what my jeep had when i bought it and it sounded prety good but i mangled it up and just put a straight pipe after my borla header and put on a 22" resonator.... sounds like a v8 witha huge cam at idle when it's cold..... sounds ok at low rpms.... sounds like every other 4 banger out there when you're on the gas and/or high in the rpm's. for $30 i'm happy with what i've got.... it's no bolt on though...

#5 ·
no i meant my exhaust wasn't a bolt on.... come to think of it it's hardly on at all....

it's nice pulling something out of a box and knowing it's goingt o fit and work... my setup was a cheap way to eliminate the loud obnoxious open exhaust and gain a few much needed ponies by ditching the cat and almost all of my back pressure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.