4th gear idel issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 4th gear idel issues

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-29-2010, 07:07 PM   #1
kiitanak
1994 YJ Wrangler 

4th gear idel issues

so ive noticed for the past couple of weeks this new problem, or maybe just a small issue. i live on the top of a mountain(5min just to get to the bottom) and when im driving down the hil, switching sometimes from 4th gear into N, too slow down. the idel on my RPM gauge jumps all the way to zero, and sometimes my yj just shuts off, or instead of shutting off, it bounce back up to normal....
is this a common problem on a yj. i have 255,000 miles on it, runs great, still strong. except for that issues when im driving and i give it N, when coming off 4th. it also happens sometimes on the hwy, if im on 4th and then put it in N to just cruise on a down hill of a hwy.
help plz!!!
thnks again guys,
p.s. car is completey stock, no mods no where.

kiitanak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2010, 08:09 PM   #2
moonshinefuel
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Maybe you just need a tune up, and clean out your throttle body system, put some good quality fuel injector cleaner oin the gas. Eliminate all the common causes first.
moonshinefuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2010, 09:36 PM   #3
kiitanak
1994 YJ Wrangler 

thnxs will be checking that out this weekend
Unread 05-29-2010, 09:52 PM   #4
MJMPC
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Try checking for codes.

http://www.dav.org/

MJM Powder Coating
Elizabethtown Ky.

http://www.cityprofile.com/
MJMPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2010, 04:46 PM   #5
kiitanak
1994 YJ Wrangler 

thnxs
Unread 06-02-2010, 09:02 PM   #6
kiitanak
1994 YJ Wrangler 

found oil spewing out of the crank case vent hole, it has a connection to the airbox, the tb was sucking that up, any idea hoe i can fix that, has this happened to anyone????

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.