4LO 1st gear. Now stalling? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 4LO 1st gear. Now stalling?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-13-2013, 08:15 AM   #1
Rproject
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

4LO 1st gear. Now stalling?

Since my Motorcraft upgrade, everything's been running great - until this weekend.

Went wheeling and due to the inclines, I put the automatic transmission in L while in 4LO. Shortly after the Wrangler started stalling out, even in park or neutral. It was struggle to keep her running for the rest of the day. This makes absolutely no sense to me.

I know I have a power steering pump that's going out, but I don't think it's related. I keep the fluid level good on the power steering pump reservoir.

Thoughts?

The "sideways" build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/r...hread-2164793/
Rproject is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2013, 02:30 PM   #2
Rproject
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Problem found. The 4LO and L gear coinciding with the stalling were simply coincidence. All the off roading I've been doing lately has readjusted the carb for me ---- and not in a good way. Readjusted the carb. All good to go.

Now I'll know that when she starts stumbling and fumbling out on the trail to check my mixture adjustment screws.

The "sideways" build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/r...hread-2164793/
Rproject is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.