410's or 456's - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 410's or 456's

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 04-05-2002, 07:47 PM   #1
highonthai

410's or 456's

4.2 with 33's, should I go with 410's or 456's?
Thank's

highonthai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2002, 05:53 AM   #2
Patton
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I would lean more towards the 4.56 if you have a Overdrive transmission. If it is an automatic the 4.10's is the lowest option you have unless you never plan to get over roughly 55 mph. The pinion gear on a 4.10 will generally be stronger than that of a 4.56 of the same brand. I would look for original 4.10's out of 4 cyl that are as close to new as possible. You just can;t beat the Dana/Spicer gears for reliability and fit perfection.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.