4 Wheel Drive problems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 4 Wheel Drive problems

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-24-2001, 02:19 PM   #1
Hogmaster

4 Wheel Drive problems

I just got my '89 YJ the other day and I've been unsuccessful in engaging 4 wheel drive to this point. When I try to shift it into 4 wheel (high or low), the gearing on the rear seems to change, but the front wheels don't turn. We've had it up on stands in an attempt to find the problem, but our experience is limited with jeeps and 4 wheel drive systems in general. There is no grinding or any type of bad indication, there is just no drive to the wheels. Are we missing a step here? Or is this an indication of a bigger problem? Thanks for the help. Please send responses to J_Gris@yahoo.com .

-Jason

Hogmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2001, 03:26 PM   #2
lostboy

check the vacuum lines that run to the front axle...and if you can ...get a chilton's or haynes manual for the jeep ....it's invaluable :

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.