4" RC Leaf Springs vs 4" procomps - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 4" RC Leaf Springs vs 4" procomps

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 07-22-2012, 07:57 PM   #1
vinny147
1992 YJ Wrangler 

4" RC Leaf Springs vs 4" procomps

So whats the quality of 4" PROcomp leaf springs vs 4" rough country leaf springs?

vinny147 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2012, 08:08 PM   #2
Siva283
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Crap they both suck. Do yourself a favor and go bds or ome.

Sent from my EVO 4G using JeepForum

[QUOTE=Magnum;14117863] I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ldso;16498409]. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Luuca;16122017]diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Overhead;17658665]this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.[/QUOTE]
Siva283 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2012, 08:12 PM   #3
dillonjm
30mm @ 70/sec

2003 TJ Wrangler 

+1, you'll be happier with a set of 3.5 BDS springs with some .5" boom shackles. They will ride better, sag less, and flex better than either one of those brands. Plus, they really aren't that much more expensive per spring than those others.

My 2 cents, but my opinion is barely worth what you paid for it.

11 Ram 2500 - 6.7 Cummins (DD/Tow Rig)

05 Liberty Limited (Wife's): Minor mods, OME/JBA Suspension, 245 70/17 Duratracs
dillonjm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2012, 08:14 PM   #4
vinny147
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Well I already have 4" pro comps on the jeep. I found a set of RC's for a good price and if they give better ride quality (not as stiff) I would switch them out. I am aware I also need to shocks bc I have the ES3000's
Unread 07-22-2012, 08:17 PM   #5
dillonjm
30mm @ 70/sec

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny147 View Post
Well I already have 4" pro comps on the jeep. I found a set of RC's for a good price and if they give better ride quality (not as stiff) I would switch them out. I am aware I also need to shocks bc I have the ES3000's
Copy all, I'd keep what you have, the RC's aren't an upgrade just a lateral move.

11 Ram 2500 - 6.7 Cummins (DD/Tow Rig)

05 Liberty Limited (Wife's): Minor mods, OME/JBA Suspension, 245 70/17 Duratracs
dillonjm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2012, 08:20 PM   #6
notmyj
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Springs will make or break your jeep. Dont cheap out here. I can't stress that enough. BDS or OME (BDS in NOT Black Diamond) Do lots and lots of research. search and read on this forum, you will see everyone who has BDS or OME has nothing but good things to say. Here is my canned response to people looking to buy Rough Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmyj View Post
Rough Country is the Harbor Freight of lift springs. They are cheap, so people buy them, just like HF tools. They are lower quality and their longevity is questionable at best. Some people just want the look of a lifted jeep for as cheap as possible. Many of these people will make arguments and justifications for their purchase but it boils down to the price. Nobody buys RC springs because they work better than any others. The argument that "its just a dd that see little or easy trail use" is backwards thinking. If your going to spend a lot of time driving the Jeep wouldn't it make sense to buy a spring that will be more comfortable than RC? Or use a spring that wont need replaced when it sags in the near future? I mean, its your dd, so down time should be avoided as much as possible. Getting a spring from RC that has a loooong history of sagging is counter productive to a reliable dd since you will probably have to replace the springs in the future.

I'm not being snobby. I have been on both sides of this fence. You don't realize how bad RC springs are untill you ride something better. You can't sit there and make the argument that they are good when compared to other springs when you have no basis for your comparison. Say they work for you, but you can't say they work better or flex great compared to other if you have never wheeled others. The complete lack of threads complaining about OME or BDS should, at the very least, make a person question the difference between the cheapest springs you can buy and the ones that have no complaints. Don't buy cheap, buy quality. In the long run you will come out ahead.
My BUDGET York OBA Install
Budget Welding Cart
Carling Contura Switch Panel

If it has tracks, tires or tits, its gonna cause a problem.

"Everytime someone "upgrades" a D35, an angel looses its wings."

"Dizzy" - What SnoopDog would call a Distributor if he was a mechanic. I cringe every time I hear this moronic term

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
Send lawyers, guns and money. The **** has hit the fan...
92, 4.0, AW4, 8.8, D30, 15x10, 37's, SOA etc, etc
92, 2.5, 30, 8.8, 4.88, Locked, Winch, 15x8, 35's, 3.5" (RIP)
notmyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2012, 08:23 PM   #7
vinny147
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Appreciate the input guys! Pretty much it is a lateral move and won't benefit me enough. I will just have to get a bigger lift in years to come!
Thanks!
Unread 07-22-2012, 08:29 PM   #8
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Look into buying the springs individually if money is tight. Click order by part number on the BDS website.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.