4" lift---Rustys???? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 4" lift---Rustys????

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 07-01-2013, 09:35 PM   #16
proFISHent
1988 YJ Wrangler 

zone lift looks pretty good. Its about 150-200 more than a RC/rusty. Worth it.

the lift is $625 for a 4". I am doing a little reading and trying to figure out the best method. I have the cash, just want to make sure I get the most bang for my buck and only want to do this once. It looks like most these kits come with a transfer case drop. And I read everything about SYE's. Do you NEED both, or is it one or the other?

proFISHent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 10:17 PM   #17
Anticanman
One eloquent mother****er

1994 YJ Wrangler 

You'll need both the SYE and dc driveshaft or the transfer case drop. I suggest just going with the SYE and driveshaft. Its not too bad to install and a lot cheaper than the big box 4wd magazines portray.
Unread 07-02-2013, 07:32 AM   #18
UZI4U
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
You'll need both the SYE and dc driveshaft or the transfer case drop. I suggest just going with the SYE and driveshaft. Its not too bad to install and a lot cheaper than the big box 4wd magazines portray.
+1. After a lift, this is the most important and best mod you can make.
Unread 07-02-2013, 11:46 AM   #19
proFISHent
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Ok so it is one or the other. let me ask you this. I think I get the idea, which is making the new angle from the the lift less drastic. If so, what is the advantage of a SYE and driveshaft OVER a transfer case drop? I would think there would be a little more clearance but is that the only advantage? seems like the TC drop is MUCH cheaper which tells me its a temporary fix.
proFISHent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2013, 12:04 PM   #20
jeeptec

With the drop all your doing is dropping the transfer case to try to get the driveline back to the correct angle. With sye kit your putting a heavy duty output shaft in the transfer case. With the sye kit the trannsfercase is now shorter. That lets use us the double cardin rear drive shaft. ( double uoints) which is stronger and longer that the stock slip yoke drive line.with using the transfer case drop system your taking away ground clearence.there is still a possibility of driveline vibration. If your not going to do anything more than dirt roads and building your Jeep for looks then dropping the transfer case is ok.if you know your going to be rock crawling maybe getting on it hard mudding or in sand do the sye kit.
jeeptec is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2013, 03:28 PM   #21
UZI4U
1993 YJ Wrangler 

For me the difference was bad vibrations with the drop and no vibrations with the SYE. I did a 3.5" BDS lift and I shimmed the rear with 8* shims and the angle is perfect. Had it on the highway at 65 to 70 the other day and it was super smooth...around town it's like a new car.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.