Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

4" lift...driveshaft angle too severe?

2K views 30 replies 13 participants last post by  Slapahoe 
#1 ·
hey, the PO put a 4" RC lift on my 1990 YJ. I never really thought of it until now, he never changed drive shafts or anything. How much could it cost to get a good-*****in driveshaft and all the other parts i need. Could this really mess up my drivetrain over time if i don't change it?

#27 ·
also, is it ok to keep my front drive shaft or will i need to get a new one as well, does that kit from tom woods come with a front and rear drive shaft or just the rear. and i heard that you can return ur stock drive shaft and get some decent money back for it or discount?

#29 ·
i've heard that used alot, what does cb stand for, i know what SYE stands for but i have never really looked into what it stands for or why they are so good.

#30 ·
cv= constant velocity

sye = slip yoke eliminator. - takes the slip yoke out of the t-case, and puts it on the drveshaft, basically. this is good bc if you lose a driveshaft, you wont lose all your tcase fluid draining out from the slip yoke sliding out, you could just disconnect and drive home in front wheel drive if need be. or just change out the joint, w/o needing fluid. plus better driveline angles , etc etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.