Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

4 inch rough country lift for $500?

4K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  tonythehazelnut 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Don't do it if you plan to offroad very much. They just won't hold up. My buddy went trough 2 sets before he finally switched to RE. Bds is very good too.

#6 ·
I just ordered a lift for my 92' yj and i'm in same boat as you. I looked around at some product reviews and all that i seen rough country didn't do so well, but neither did skyjacker which caught me off guard i thought they were the best. After a couple of days of reviews i decided to go with a dickcepek lift after reading review. Go to dickcepek lift kit on yahoo will take you right to site. kit with shocks and shipping right around $515.

#12 ·
It was Oct of 08 when he bought the last set. 2 weeks ago we swapped them out for RE. I don't know, sounds like Iowajeeper got a good set. I guess we didn't. Go buy them and let us know.

#13 ·
It was Oct of 08 when he bought the last set. 2 weeks ago we swapped them out for RE.
Did they fail or was it due to the wheeling being done?

I like my RC but I'm not saying there isn't better. I wouldn't put my junk through big rocks etc. RC isn't a competition, or even heavy wheelin', type lift kit. It's entry level and works very well for that.

#14 ·
We don't rock crawl we do mostly old rutted out logging roads. We do flex them a lot but in my mind they should hold up to that. It's not like we're desert racing or anything. Just slow crawling up and down the hills. Normal offroading. They didn't totally fail just lost there arc and began twisting and got really soft.

#16 ·
Looks like good stuff. Very similar to what we do. All I said in my 1st quote is that if he planned to offroad a lot then he might want to look elsewhere. I your last quote before this one you basically agreed with me by saying it's an entry level lift and not for heavy wheeln. I'm glad we agree. Later

#19 ·
Well I guess that settles it.. I think I'll just wait a little more till I can afford something a bit better. I'm gonna need my springs to last a while after I put them on so I don't think I'll chance spending my money on the rough country hardware. I couldn't find anything under **** cepek lift though. Bds is a bit out of my price range for 4 inches of lift. I'm looking at Rubicon Express... I have some research to do. Thanks everyone!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.