4 cyl engine issues - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 4 cyl engine issues

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineAttention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rock

Unread 04-16-2010, 11:54 AM   #16
EABiker
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjapgar View Post
was able to check the coolant sensor and cold it read 12 ohms, got dark before i could get to the iat
also tried running it without the iat hooked up and it ran pretty much the same

12 Ohms looks bad; too low. I found a resistance vs, temp chart online fo the coolant temp sensor, and 12 is not even on it. The correct range looks to be from 185 Ohms @212 F to 3.4K @ room temp.

EABiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2010, 10:42 AM   #17
cjapgar

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EABiker View Post
12 Ohms looks bad; too low. I found a resistance vs, temp chart online fo the coolant temp sensor, and 12 is not even on it. The correct range looks to be from 185 Ohms @212 F to 3.4K @ room temp.
It may have been 120 I'm still not a pro with the ole multimeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Que89YJ View Post
Does it run any different between cold and when its warmed up? Does it happen at idle or when you are accelerating? Backfiring and missing is a timing issue related to sensors. Make sure you read the right temp sensor. The one you want to read is in the front of the engine on the thermostat housing. Clean out your throttle body and your IAC.
it runs the same either way warm or cold but moreso when accelerating
()_)-()_)--o-)_)

Bacon is meat candy!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
cjapgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2010, 01:01 PM   #18
cjapgar

1994 YJ Wrangler 

so did a little more pokin around to day and the coolent sensor is def low so i guess ill replace that,

where is a good place to pick up that and the iat online, couldnt find them on advance or autozone.
()_)-()_)--o-)_)

Bacon is meat candy!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
cjapgar is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.