4.8 swap into yj - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 4.8 swap into yj

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 12-04-2013, 08:42 PM   #16
87duker
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Started on the tear down tonight of the donor truck. It is drive by wire. Read few builds but still unsure which transfer case to look for. You mentioned late 80s early 90s chevy pick up one. I would only need Novaks adapter ?
http://www.advanceadapters.com/produ...onadapter-kit/

From what i read best to sell manual transfer case out of the donor truck? that correct?

87duker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2013, 08:52 PM   #17
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Won't load the website on my mobile for some reason but I didn't think you needed an aftermarket ad adapter for the 241. Is that the same as the stock one but it's machined for a VSS? If so then that sounds right.

Edit: yeah that looks good but you are already halfway to buying the adapter to use your current transfer case. Basically the same kit but a 2 piece that will bolt up to the 231. And it comes with a 27 spline input gear.

August YJOTM

Exiled Offroad - Colorado
Randonexplosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2013, 07:42 PM   #18
87duker
1991 YJ Wrangler 

so I stripped parts truck and scrapped it. So far have got 625 of my 1000 back from the deal. Still need sell some part.

ALso got drivetrain out of the jeep Friday night. Next project clean garage and take front clip off jeep, then put on jack stands and start on the lift. Bds leaf springs and bilstien 5100 shocks. ALso start on getting 8.8 ready.

While im working on lift like to get parts ordered. Figured 1st order be motor mounts, sye and trans/tc adapter.

This is trans adapter im looking at from adavance adapter
http://www.advanceadapters.com/produ...seadapter-kit/

Was looking at AA sye but out of stock. Where else is good sye for similar price or better?

http://www.advanceadapters.com/produ...7906--50-7907/

Also will be ordering trans mount.

http://www.advanceadapters.com/produ...fercase-mount/

Now on motor mounts not sure use AA or novak? I hear almost everyone has to change truck manifolds. AA are cheaper but novak seem more dummy proof. ADVICE?

http://www.advanceadapters.com/produ...ine-mount-kit/

http://www.novak-adapt.com/catalog/e...ts/mmyj-g3.htm

thanks for any help. will try get some pics up later this week
Unread 12-16-2013, 09:42 AM   #19
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Do not use that transmission mount. I thought that was the one to use as well until I got it and the plate doesnt even fit between the 2 adapter pieces. I called and they told me to use this one http://www.advanceadapters.com/produ...mission-mount/ The website is a little misleading huh?

On the motor mounts, you basically said it. The Novak mounts are pretty foolproof but the AA mounts are a lot more versatile. I have been told that the Novak mounts have quite a bit of adjustability but I don't know how much. The AAs are only adjustable frome side to side.

August YJOTM

Unread 12-16-2013, 04:33 PM   #20
snail81
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I used a s10 231c transfer case with the 4l60e transmission. I used this adapter its like half the price of the other one.http://www.advanceadapters.com/produ...onadapter-kit/ as far as transmission mounts i used a stock one for a s10. Just had to drill two holes in my skid plate http://www.ebay.com/itm/GM-Universal...-/300755630703
snail81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2013, 01:59 PM   #21
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Any progress?

August YJOTM

Unread 12-26-2013, 08:26 PM   #22
87duker
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I ordered the adapter and sye for AA but been over a week and nothing has been shipped. I ordered tranny mount and AA motor mounts from summit since was cheaper and no shipping. Looks like I will have to return trans mount for right one. Also ordered aussie lockers for front and rear. Now waiting for next check to get the chromoly shafts for the dana 30 then I can give my buddy the axle to regear and install new parts in. Also collecting suspension parts. Slowly making progress.
jeepteardown.jpg  
Unread 12-26-2013, 08:40 PM   #23
87duker
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Here few pics
jeep1.jpg   me-jeep.jpg  
Unread 12-27-2013, 07:53 AM   #24
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Lookin good man. Keep on it.

August YJOTM

Unread 12-27-2013, 10:48 PM   #25
87duker
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Anyone have good pics or write up on making new bigger fuel? Read needs be done but not much more about it. Pucs of at pump and how stock lines need be modified at motor or?
Unread 12-27-2013, 10:59 PM   #26
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

I'll grab some pics tomorrow but I just ordered some 3/8 fuel line from Summit and used compression fittings to hook them up around the t case area. Kept the Chevy lines to hook up to. Then ran it back to the pump. Used the old Jeep supply for the new return.

August YJOTM

Unread 01-07-2014, 11:24 AM   #27
87duker
1991 YJ Wrangler 

any luck on gas line pics? Got axles dropped off should have dana 30 back sat or sunday. Found out need a new carrier for it to run 456. another cost wasn't expecting. Got new brake rotors front and back and I think everything to hang suspension and get axles in here next week or two. Also dropping motor off to get broken exhaust bolts pulled out. Also got email finally from adavanced. Adapter should be shipped on 13th. better late then never.
Unread 01-07-2014, 03:23 PM   #28
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

I just ran home and snapped a couple of pics. Like I said I used the stock Vortec lines from the fuel rail and cut them where they transition to soft lines. 1389132905486.jpg I used Earls fittings from Summit Racing (-6 AN to 3/8) to hook up to the fuel filter then the same fitting to new 3/8 line stopping where the original ones did. 1389132928820.jpg1389132944608.jpg before I got my fuel cell I just went to the hardware store and got a 3/8 compression to barb fitting. I used regular worm drive hose clamps and they didn't leak but I would recommend FI clamps.

The stock YJ supply line is 5/16 and so is the Vortec return, just use the Jeep supply as a return and run new supply line from the t case back to the tank. You don't even have to drop the tank to hook them up.

August YJOTM

Unread 01-07-2014, 03:54 PM   #29
87duker
1991 YJ Wrangler 

k. thanks. I have track a set of lines down as I didn't think needed to save them
Unread 01-07-2014, 04:06 PM   #30
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

You could always figure out what type of fitting is on the Vortec fuel rail and go with all new stuff. I just used the Vortec lines because I had them and they were already pre-bent to the contour of the engine/trans. I've seen people use the twist lock stuff from Summit. You could always give them a call and see if they can help you put together a kit.

August YJOTM

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.