4.2L Oil Sending Unit - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 4.2L Oil Sending Unit

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 11-03-2013, 07:07 PM   #1
ferriolom
1990 YJ Wrangler 

4.2L Oil Sending Unit

Hey does anyone know the OHM range for the oil sending unit? I am going to buy my last few gauges and already have a new OEM sending unit and it would be easiest to just match the new gauge to the OEM sending unit.

If no one knows this information I would settle for the size and thread of the sending unit.

Sorry for this, but I searched and can't find this information anywheres

Thanks!

ferriolom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2013, 08:23 AM   #2
bpounds

1988 YJ Wrangler 

You need to download the FSM (factory service manual) PDF. The link is posted here frequently, but I don't have it saved. A search will find it.

For the specific oil pressure sender, the values are:

0 psi = 1 ohm
40 psi = 46 ohm
80 psi = 90 ohm

Make sure you are getting 7.5 volts to the sender. If not, you may have bad wiring or even a bad gauge cluster. Pull the connector from the sender and check the voltage.
bpounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2013, 09:21 AM   #3
ferriolom
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I'm rewiring everything new. Thanks for the specifications!
ferriolom is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.