4.2 problems after stalling in water... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 4.2 problems after stalling in water...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-17-2007, 06:13 PM   #1
dbikers
1989 YJ Wrangler 

4.2 problems after stalling in water...

Went wheelin' this weekend. Happened into a deep water hole and the jeep stalled...this isn't the first time this has happened.
After gettin' my 4.2 started again it ran fine, just won't idle worth a @#$%.
Driving on the road is just as it's always been (pretty good for the stock POS carb) with the timing and idle set as per the spec. It used to idle at 700 rpm and purr like a sewing machine. Now at idle it seems to be missing horribly.
So i've checked to make sure all electrical and vacuum lines are hooked up..seems to have everything in order. I checked the wires and cap...
I can't figure it out and don't know exactly where to look.
I got the ok from the war dept to get the weber but i don't want to do anything until i can get the jeep to run like it did before this weekend (if it's even possible)
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Unread 06-17-2007, 06:19 PM   #2
4.7stroker
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Did you take the cap off and dry it and the plug wires off with wd40?
You if you wanted you can save some cash by installing the Motorcraft carb instead of the webber. Same results half the price.

Dwayne
4.7stroker is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.