4.2 Intake / Exhaust gasket ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 4.2 Intake / Exhaust gasket ?

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGIntroducing the Quart Crate...

Unread 09-14-2013, 05:29 PM   #1
ZGYJ
1989 YJ Wrangler 

4.2 Intake / Exhaust gasket ?

I've searched around in here and found certain people saying that you should use both gaskets that come with the kit, and others say to only use one.

What is the consensus?

ZGYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2013, 06:45 AM   #2
jr4x4
1996 ZJ 

I would use both. I did. that's how it should be done. if not it leaves a small gap.
jr4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2013, 08:40 AM   #3
Cashcrazy

I just used the one gasket when i replaced it a couple months ago and I have no leaks. You can google it and find several threads on the subject.
Cashcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2013, 09:56 AM   #4
jr4x4
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashcrazy View Post
I just used the one gasket when i replaced it a couple months ago and I have no leaks. You can google it and find several threads on the subject.
that is strange. i to have heard of people useing the one gasket. ive always seen the two gaskets when looking at other 4.2's. with my intake off i could see that the manifold & intake where offset just a little to each other. but obviously it can work. so good luck and flip a coin i guess. lol.
jr4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2013, 04:39 PM   #5
ZGYJ
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr4x4 View Post
that is strange. i to have heard of people useing the one gasket. ive always seen the two gaskets when looking at other 4.2's. with my intake off i could see that the manifold & intake where offset just a little to each other. but obviously it can work. so good luck and flip a coin i guess. lol.
This is exactly what I keep running into. I'm looking for a consensus of people who have done this in the past and been happy with the result.

To double gasket or not, that is the question.
ZGYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2013, 09:28 PM   #6
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I've replaced those gaskets three times since I've owned mine and all three times both gaskets were stapled together.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.