4.2 drivetrain to 4.0 + ax-15 OR 4.2 to ax-15? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 4.2 drivetrain to 4.0 + ax-15 OR 4.2 to ax-15?

GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Artec JK Under Armor BellypanEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 02-07-2002, 06:52 PM   #1
Brendan

4.2 drivetrain to 4.0 + ax-15 OR 4.2 to ax-15?

My 4.2 might be dead so I am going to need a new engine. I have a friend who can get me a 4.0 from a Cherokee, but I don't want an automatic trannsmission. Can I mate the 4.0 to my Puegot? Can I bolt on a 4.0 with an ax-15 to my existing drivetrain? Will all the shafts line up? T case and overall length of everything? Thanks for any help.

95 YJ 2.5L 5 Speed

Fightin a war against Florida Rust!
Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2002, 05:06 PM   #2
ebhub

If you have the Puegot tranny than your tranfer case may not bolt up to the AX-15. the output,input shafts are different.If you can get the correct tranfer case than I would ditch the BA-10.That tranny isn't even a good boat anchor
ebhub is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.