4.2 to 4.0 head and MPI Swap ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 4.2 to 4.0 head and MPI Swap ?

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippHuge Soft top Sale

Unread 04-12-2010, 04:21 AM   #1
RookieJeeper01
1987 YJ Wrangler 

4.2 to 4.0 head and MPI Swap ?

So I'm 90 % complete with the swap and just have a few issues I'm running down. I have a 87 4.2 lower end with a 93 XJ head, MPI, harness, computer, PDC, flywheel CPS, alternator etc.

1. I have just installed a fuel tank with the correct internal pump. I used my stock harness and just put keyed power to the pump. Is this adequate, or do I have to run through the PDC and a fuel relay?

2. Also on the new xj harness there is a 10 GA? brown wire coming from the grey plug in the harness that is about 8 inches behind the alternator. Does anyone know where this goes?

3. Wiring.........I have all the sensors and sending units pluged in less the VSS and I need to find that and the speedo cable adapter at a bone yard.
Now I have the blue wire from the PDC hooked up to keyed ignition at my solenoid. The big ugly power from the PDC to my battery. What other wires to I have to tie in to my old harness to get going?

RookieJeeper01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2010, 04:40 PM   #2
RookieJeeper01
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Need some help. Anyone?
RookieJeeper01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.