Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Is 4.10 gears deep enough?

633 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  sailmike83 
#1 ·
I have a 87 Wrangler with a 4.2 block with 15,000 miles on it, remanufactured 4.0 head 0 miles on it, header , 32/36 weber, msd ignition with team rush upgrade and msd wires, and dynomax catback. I was wondering if this is going to be enough to drive highway speeds without the pedal to the floor? I have not driven it since these upgrades being that I am finishing college and has been a slow build for the past three years also it has 35 inch tires and a ford 8.8 rear end with winch as the only added extra weight. Do you think this will be enough or should I just regear while I am waiting to graduate in May. I go to school in Newark, NJ, so instead of having it stoling its been sitting for a few years while I slowly upgrade but can't wait to drive it once I am done with school and get the hell out of the city. Any suggestions or should I just rejet the carb. A motor swap is out of the question so looking for cheaper alternatives.

#5 ·
well my 4.0l with 4.10's and 35's doesn't like highway speeds much just not regearing yet.... I don't do enough highway driving with it to make it worth it for me yet but probably will happen within the next year

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.