4.0L Donors for 4.0L YJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 4.0L Donors for 4.0L YJ

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 09-09-2013, 10:43 AM   #1
NewKindOfClown
1993 YJ Wrangler 

4.0L Donors for 4.0L YJ

I just got the call from the shop: connecting rod came apart, and there's a new hole in my oil pan. I'm having a hard time finding a list of acceptable donors to put another 4.0L into the YJ. I need it up and operational as soon as possible, so a V8 swap is out of the question, and I can't afford a reman. I'd imagine '91-95 YJs would bolt in, and I've heard '91-95 XJ motors are similar, but I don't know if they're the same.

'93 YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, auto (32RH), NP231

Thanks in advance.

NewKindOfClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 11:04 AM   #2
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

The block from a 4.0 from 91-2000 is the same and you can reuse all your upper end stuff. The only thing that becomes an issue is the temp sensor in the rear for the guage was combined in the later blocks so you need to port another location which is pretty well documented on the forum on where and how.
Que89YJ is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.