4.0L cylinder head mod - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 4.0L cylinder head mod

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsNew jk doors from steinjager

Unread 02-25-2009, 02:58 PM   #1
rocklee
1993 YJ Wrangler 

4.0L cylinder head mod

im going to have my cylinder head off of my 4.0L, no reason to list why cause that not the point of this thread. does anyone have suggestions for performance mods to do to the cylinder head while its off?
its kind of hard to search for because all you end up getting is thread of people putting 4.0 heads on 4.2's

rocklee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2009, 04:24 PM   #2
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

You could port and polish it. Just Google up port and polish a cylinder head. It is a marginal improvement in some heads. for other heads it is a great improvement. The 4.0 head already flows decent but there is always room for improvement.

Getting older, I have developed some special skills. I have the ability to cough, sneeze, fart and pee at the same time.

"If we cannot afford to take care of Veterans, then we should stop making them."
David C. Wilker Jr. USAF (RET)
laybackman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2009, 05:49 PM   #3
shaggyjim
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Ya a gasket match, polish and clean up the bowls. Maby get some oversize valves and roller rockers if money is not a big thing.

"That's more fun than watching a hippie get mauled by a bear!"

"I love cats, I just can't eat a whole one!"
shaggyjim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2009, 05:57 PM   #4
jeepdude1987
1987 YJ Wrangler 

on the 4.0 your not going to gain anything by port and polish cause your power is being used at low revs. acutally you can make power worse on engines like this with a port and polish. Roller rockers and other such things can help.
jeepdude1987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2009, 06:06 PM   #5
Jeeples
2000 WJ 

Get rid of it and buy this:

http://www.hesco.us/shop.asp?action=...115&catId=7735

Hope you got a healthy tax return this year

Hers: '03 WJ 4.7 V8- IRO 3", 245/75/16 Duratracs
Jeeples is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2009, 06:45 PM   #6
rocklee
1993 YJ Wrangler 

lol at that point i would just get a later model v8 to throw in. it looks like VERY mild porting and a polish is what ill do.
rocklee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.