4.0L buildup help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 4.0L buildup help

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNew jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!

Unread 11-29-2006, 01:21 AM   #1
Midnight22
1994 YJ Wrangler 

4.0L buildup help

I have a 4.0L out of a 92 wrangler, owner said it was a High Output... got all the wiring and goodies to go with...

i want to run a NV3550 mated with an atlas II either 3.0 or 3.8... so i cant go above 300hp because of the tranny... i'll be happy with 250-270 hp... anymore and i'll have more tickets than i'll want to think about... now heres the question...

what can i do to the engine to get there? internally and externally... i already have a stage 2 clutch from clutchmasters or something... and im gonna get a high flow exhaust and hi-flow CAT, any other recommendations? dont wanna spend a lot, but i dont wanna skimp either...

Nate

Midnight22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2006, 07:18 AM   #2
GrimJeeper91
1991 YJ Wrangler 

If you are planning on that much horse power from a 4.0 I'm assuming you will either be stroking it or adding a super charger.
'91 YJ 4.O, Auto, Rr. D60 w/ 35 Spline Alloy USA Axles & Detriot Locker, Fr. D30 True-Trac, 4.56's, 4.5" Deaver Springs, Bilstein 5100's, 1" BL, Rubi Flares, 35x12.50 MT/R's on MT classic II's, Detroit Locker, Vanco Big Brakes, Booster & Master, Warn 9000XDI, York OBA, AA SYE & TW's DS's, Teraflex Belly Up, Rocker Guards...
GrimJeeper91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2006, 10:21 AM   #3
myjeepsux420

http://www.jpmagazine.com/techarticl...troker_engine/

This will give you an idea of what output you can get from a stroker.

http://www.avengersuperchargers.com/

These guys say they have a 400 hp 4.7L I-6 with a supercharger
Posi Lock front diff and Ford 8.8
myjeepsux420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2006, 04:33 PM   #4
Midnight22
1994 YJ Wrangler 

oh wow, whats the stock horsepower for a 92 HO? i guess it would help to have a base hp... 200 or something? i looked at the golen website, and it takes a stroker to hit 260... i figured a mild build plan, use 4.2 rods or something (is there a write up for that?) and it would increase a lil, and add a 62mm throttle body with spacer and a short ram intake along with headers and exhaust... and it would go up 50 hp... guess i'm more than a lil wrong... any threads or websites that would have a lil more detailed instruction? i saw one once that listed various strokers and the gains from it... also know of a couple threads detailing various installs that helped hp...

N
Midnight22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2006, 04:46 PM   #5
90yjkrawler
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Its going to take a lot of shop work and money to get it in the 300 HP range. All the built strokers (4.7L) I've read about had performance exhaust and intake with larger throttle bodies still didn't put 300 HP to the ground or the flywheel. If you bore and stroke to a 5.0L you'll be close but should prolly sleeve the cylinders. With a supercharger Avenger says they have got a blown 4.7L stoker to put out 400HP, but the site is under construction right now so there's no wirte up or Dyno charts.
Unread 11-29-2006, 09:19 PM   #6
Tshark299
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight22
oh wow, whats the stock horsepower for a 92 HO? i guess it would help to have a base hp... 200 or something? i looked at the golen website, and it takes a stroker to hit 260... i figured a mild build plan, use 4.2 rods or something (is there a write up for that?) and it would increase a lil, and add a 62mm throttle body with spacer and a short ram intake along with headers and exhaust... and it would go up 50 hp... guess i'm more than a lil wrong... any threads or websites that would have a lil more detailed instruction? i saw one once that listed various strokers and the gains from it... also know of a couple threads detailing various installs that helped hp...

N
http://www.angelfire.com/my/fan/stroker.html

http://www.jeep4.0performance.4mg.com/stroker.html

'95 XJ - Donated drive train to the YJ, Parted out the rest

'51 CJ-3A - Buick 225 V6: Painless Wiring Harness, Warn Overdrive & Hubs, 2" Lift, 31" Muds
Tshark299 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.