4.0 Throttle Body Conversion - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 4.0 Throttle Body Conversion

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 10-12-2004, 01:17 PM   #1
JeepDrivr93
1998 XJ Cherokee 

4.0 Throttle Body Conversion

Well for the last month or so I have been looking up the conversion for the 2.5 throttle body to the 4.0. This car is my DD and I was wondering if this conversion is even worth it. Will I notice a difference in acceleration? Also this engine has 111k on it, will this hurt it at all in the long run? Anyone have any problems with the installation? Feel free to throw in any additional comments.
-Nick

1998 Cherokee Classic - SOLD

1993 YJ - SOLD :(
JeepDrivr93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2004, 01:25 PM   #2
Jeepgofast

The 4.0 throttle body won't hurt your engine, but you might not notice a huge difference in power. The throttle body is just bored out wider, which gets more air into the engine.

I've heard you need a spacer to put it in with no problems, and if you get one from a junkyard/used then make sure it has the sensors on it, but other than that, it should be painless. Most people that have done it say that they dont notice a big difference until they put a aftermarket intake in the jeep.

"I'm a 4-wheel-drive pickup type of guy. So is my wife."
-- Mike Greenwell, Baseball player

[COLOR=White][B]You dont change your jeep, your jeep changes you.[/B][/COLOR]
Jeepgofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2004, 01:41 PM   #3
CanukYJ

You don't need a spacer, it bolts right on. It works too. Search, this has been discussed a million times over.

1992 Red YJ. Lifted, locked, and loaded with beer (Disclaimer: This doesn't mean said driver endorses drinking and driving, please enjoy alcohol responsibly and do not operate any vehicle of any kind, thank you....)

Thanks to the price of gas here ($4.25 a gal) I just bought a mountain bike, 0" of lift, 0" of travel, MT's, locked rear axle, oh yeah, it's the sh#$.
CanukYJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.