4.0 swap wiring - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 4.0 swap wiring

Visit 1aauto.com For ShockTober Deals on Monroe shocks andAdvance Adapters SYE KitsFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 07-11-2008, 01:00 AM   #1
darkhawk936

4.0 swap wiring

1st post on this forum. and this is prolly covered many places elsewhere, but ive done my 4.0 swap, and its wire time. ive run into an odd problem. theres dozens of good sites about this swap, but everyone seems to favor an xj swap into a yj. ive got an 87 yj. and i swapped in a 4.0 from a 91 YJ. so i did a yj/yj swap. the best i can figure is the chassis harness is the same from 97-91. and since this is a 91 engine i SHOULD in theroy be ok. i just need to plug the fuel pump power wire into the bulkhead connector. and splice in my gauges. im hoping soneone here has done this, and can give me a lil insight. thanks .

darkhawk936 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2008, 01:31 AM   #2
Jkanly

Did you previously have a 4.2 or a 2.5 in the jeep? I'm pretty sure the 87 - 90 yjs were 4.2 liter and the wiring harnesses should be the same. Its in 91 that they changed everything over to 4.0. I doubt that the fuel pump is the same

Last edited by Jkanly; 07-11-2008 at 01:44 AM..
Jkanly is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.