4.0 HEAD ON A 4.2 BLOCK? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 07-05-2002, 04:17 PM Thread Starter
MANTHING

4.0 HEAD ON A 4.2 BLOCK?

I TRIED TO PUT A '91 CHEROKEE HEAD ON MY '87 YJ AND THE EXHAUST DOES NOT LINE UP RIGHT.EVEN WORSE IS THE INTAKE DOES NOT MATCH AND NEITHER TYPE OF GASKET MATCHES UP.NOW ALL THE ARTICLES I'VE READ SAY THAT THIS SHOULD BE AN EASY ENOUGH SWAP BUT NOW MY JEEP IS SITTING CUZ I DON'T WANT TO PUT THE 4.2 BACK ON.HAS ANYONE HAD THIS PROBLEM AND WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO FIX IT?
LITTLE NOTE HERE:THE '87 IS THE WRONG YEAR TO BUY IF YOU WANT TO DO ANY MODS.YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN MY TRANNY SWAP. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-06-2002, 07:07 AM
lostboy

you need the exhaust manifold for a 4.0 head.Try this <a href="http://www.monsterslayer.com/jeep/40Head/40Head.htm" target="_blank">http://www.monsterslayer.com/jeep/40Head/40Head.htm</a>

89 yj w/ mopar mpi and 4.0 head.94 ax-15 tranny and t-case, more mods comin.
post #3 of 5 Old 07-06-2002, 07:57 AM
MusicMaverick

2014 JK Wrangler 

You also need to stop typing with caps on. Its not easy on the eyes and annoys alot of people to the point that they dont want to even respond to your posts.

Currently: '14 JKU

Past vehicles: '92 YJ, '97 TJ, '10 JK
post #4 of 5 Old 07-06-2002, 10:20 AM Thread Starter
MANTHING

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by lostboy:
<strong>you need the exhaust manifold for a 4.0 head.Try this <a href="http://www.monsterslayer.com/jeep/40Head/40Head.htm" target="_blank">http://www.monsterslayer.com/jeep/40Head/40Head.htm</a></strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">the manifold came from a 91 cherokee with a 4.0,it ports out the end not in the middle like a wrangler.guess i need one from a wrangler only.
i read that article & it doesn't say they don,t match from a cherokee
post #5 of 5 Old 07-06-2002, 10:41 PM
lostboy

well.I tried a manifold from an 87-90 4.0 and it bolted up fine to the engine,but I didn't want to haul it to an exhaust shop to fabricate the downpipe..so I ended up gettin a borla header....I love the setup...If you don't want that expense,you can have a downpipe done by a shop for a lot less.

89 yj w/ mopar mpi and 4.0 head.94 ax-15 tranny and t-case, more mods comin.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.