4.0 exhaust on a 2.5? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 4.0 exhaust on a 2.5?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 02-17-2014, 08:46 PM   #1
MessianicMoss

4.0 exhaust on a 2.5?

Hey guys, I was wondering if I could take a Flowmaster Force 2 cat-back exhaust system for a 4.0 91-95 YJ and put it on a 2.5 94. I cant seem to find the exhaust made for a 2.5..

The reason I ask is because I see a lot of other exhaust (dynomax, pacesetter, magnaflow, ect) that fit both the 4.0 and the 2.5.. yet the Force 2 says it doesnt...?

Has anyone ever done this or had any experience with it? (I mean I would put on headers and stuff if itd help. although im afraid ill loose a bit of torque with some headers...)

Thanks for all the help!

MessianicMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2014, 09:06 PM   #2
imstillatwork
1993 YJ Wrangler 

don't bother. If you need exhaust work, take it to your local shop and tell them what you want. You wont gain anything with the big brands, and you'll pay $$$
imstillatwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2014, 09:12 PM   #3
MessianicMoss

Also, if you look at page 54 of the master catalog:

http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/im...13_digital.pdf

It shows no part number for the 2.5 but includes the 4.0 with it, and right above it shows the 4.0 with a part number. So maybe it is interchangeable for the 91-95 but no 87-90? Heck I dont know....

Also, the dynomax tail pipe works for both the 2.5 and the 4.0... and the exhaust is just that plus a muffler... so it would make sense that it would fit...
http://www.quadratec.com/products/51409_06.htm

Any confirmation on this stuff??
MessianicMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2014, 07:00 AM   #4
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

The 87-90 has the egr and tube on it. If you are in a non emissions state then use any of the 91-95 2.5l and they will bolt right up. You will need to plug the intake port tube but it is way cheaper and they are a direct bolt on with no appreciable difference because of the egr.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.